17

Noah had been back in Harvard for about a month now. We would talk sometimes but most of the time I liked to give him space. I didn't want to seem like a very sticky girlfriend. We had been back to school for a while now and Lee and Elle were still in the midst of planning their Kissing Booth. 

"Good morning and welcome back to Los Angeles Country Day. We hope you all had the very best of your weekend. Any clubs wanting to present fall fundraiser ideas to the student council must do so today at three p.m. sharp." 

I look back to Lee and Elle, they were freaking out. I chuckled, Elle and I were getting back to normal again. It was great, my last year as a high school student and everything was finally falling into the right place. 

"And our quote of the day:

"The best thing
to hold on to in life is each other."

Beautiful words from an iconic film star, Audrey Hepburn."

I looked down at my phone, I had three missed calls from the one and only Noah Flynn. I choose to ignore it for a bit more. Noah had been pressuring me about applying to Havard since we made up. He thinks it would make our relationship stronger and I think that ... well I don't know what I think. "You okay there bud?" Marco asked as he approached me. I greeted him with a smile and scooted to the corner of the bench. Elle and Lee had left a while ago, they were so excited about the kissing booth that they left as soon as the announcement was over to work on their presentation. "How has it been, you know since that night?" he asked. "I look up at him and forced a smile, "It's been going, I heard you and Elle have gotten closer?" I asked trying to change the subject. "She's cool" he smirked. His eyes met mine and for a moment it felt like he wanted to say more. 

"What's up people?" Beth interrupted the awkward starring contest we seemed to have going on. "I gotta go", he stands up and gets his bag, "Save me a seat?"

"You got it", I nodded as he turned away. "Weren't you in a relationship?" Beth asked. 

"I am in one!"

"They why is the dream boy from a telenovela with really good hair looking at you like that."

"He was not looking at me in any way. He is talking with my sister," I said defensively. 

"I see", she rolled her eyes, "anyway, college week is coming up soon, any ideas?"

"Let's see" I pause, "Well there's Havard and Berkeley..." I stopped for a second, there was one more option, an option that I hadn't discussed with anyone yet. "And you know how Elle and Noah are. They both have been trying to convince me to attend their chosen university since I can remember."

"You have to make a choice soon. We are about to graduate and choosing a college is one of the most important factors of our future."

"Look at you", I smiled proudly, " I thought you were taking a gap year?"

"I am, but that does not mean that I can't pressure you into making a decision" she smirked. 

"Believe me, I already have two people doing that I do not need a third."

"I better get going, I don't want to be late for advance lit", I said as I stood up, "See you at lunch?"

"No can do that, I'm skipping it," She winked and walked away. There was the Beth that I knew and cherished. 

I walk into my advanced lit class and noticed a familiar face, "Marco!" I smiled as I walked towards him. "Fancy seeing you here," he greeted me again. "They had me in the wrong level. Today is my first day of actual class."

"Take a seat", he said removing his bag from the chair next to him. I smiled and sat down. 

_____________________________________________