Unfamiliar Territory

Y/N's Perspective
Nefarious City, Corson V
Wednesday 18/08/32

I crashed through the other side of the rift and onto the rooftop above the strange city, laying in the trickling rain for a moment before getting up and looking around. I peeked my head over the side of the building and was both astonished and confused to see robots and aliens walking below me, and hundreds of flying cars and trucks moving up and down the streets in strangely organised lines. Then I looked up and turned my attention to all the neon.

"Fucking hell, this is worse than Tokyo City on a Friday night..." I grumbled to myself, covering my eyes for a moment before I jumped back, hearing a rift open and someone mechanical land on the other side of the roof, followed by the clunking of a smaller, hand-held object. I spun around to see the pilot of the flying saucer that ruined the residence back on earth laying on the floor with a strange-looking device a few feet in front of him, and before I knew it, a silver robot with large, green optics and a weird, orange fox-like thing wielding an over-sized wrench fell from another rift, both of them groaning as they landed. Looking at them, I instantly realised that these three must know each other. I stumbled back and hung in the shadows of an AC box on the roof as the large robot stood up, the device on the floor smoking and beginning to rattle.

"Did I do it, or what?" The robot yelled in his already annoying voice, looking around at his new surroundings. 'Well, that's the villain of this story then-' I assumed, cautiously watching the scene as it unfolded. "Is this-? Wait, what's with all the neon...?" He asked, clearly confused. I just managed to stifle a laugh, since I was asking the same question myself not even a moment before.

My gaze averted from the robot to the fox-thing, which stood up and gave the robot the filthiest look I've ever seen.. "This is the part... where you lose." He said through gritted teeth, determination thick in the words he spoke as he ran towards the robot, his over-sized wrench above his head. Meanwhile, the other robot, the silver one with green eyes, stood up in front of the device, which was now emitting a bright-purple light and shaking violently, looking as if it were about to explode, which was indeed the case.

"Ratchet, the Dimensionator!" It exclaimed, its mechanical, but very clearly male, voice filled with worry. Without a second thought, I raced out of the shadows and grabbed the small bot, throwing him away from the ready-to-blow 'Dimensionator' and grabbing it with my left hand, preparing to throw it off the building. As I held the Dimensionator above my head, Ratchet and the large robot watched as a blinding purple light wave emitted from the device and it blew up in my hand, sending Ratchet, the large bot, me and the small bot flying into different, newly-formed rifts. 

Ratchet and the large bot were sent through two separate rifts, whilst me and the small bot were launched through a third one that lead to a shaded, concrete overpass in another part of the city, which was possibly the worst thing to land on. I tried to pull myself up and failed, lying in the rain next to the small, green-eyed bot, who seemed to be powered off now.

I groaned and rubbed my forehead with my right hand, trying to calm the throbbing in my head and the ringing in my ears. "Shit..." I said, turning on my side to the small bot, who was now waking up from the blast. "Second near-death experience of the day..." I grumbled to myself.

"Ratchet?" The bot asked, looking up to the sky and trying to pull itself up, failing and falling back onto the concrete. "Oh, dear..." 

"Hey, little guy." I said, making him aware of my presence. "You okay?" 

"I... seem to be fine." He replied, blinking his green optics at me. "You pulled me away from the blast... why? You put yourself at risk to protect me, and you had no reason to." 

"Your little body wouldn't have been able to take that blast." I said, looking into his optics and smiling lightly. "You would have been turned to a pile of burned bolts and metal plates at the worst, or you may have lost an arm and an eye."

He took a moment to process the information, then nodded. "Well, thank you." He said sincerely. "My name is Clank. What is yours?"

"Y/N." I replied, smiling at him. "So, uh... where are we, and what was the, uh... Dimensionator?" I asked.

"I'm not sure where we are, Y/N." He said, studying me. "The Dimensionator, the device that blew up on the roof, was a gift for my friend, Ratchet, to find more of his kind, but Dr Nefarious wanted it, so he crashed the hero's parade and caused... all of this." He explained, looking up to the city, then back to me. 

"It seems you have sustained major damage." He said, pointing to my left arm. I looked at it, only to realise it wasn't there at all. Suddenly, a large surge of pain shot through my body, and I yelled out. "FUCK!" I sat up quickly and tied the remainder of my jumper sleeve around my bleeding shoulder, stopping the bleeding as best I could.

"This is terrible... Ratchet is missing, you have lost your arm... I cannot stand." His voice was full of regret and a pinch of sadness as he looked down at the concrete. "What have I done...?"

Just then, I heard a soft clunk behind me, and a female voice spoke, making me jump. "What have you done?" She asked Clank as I stood up, turning around to see what was basically a female version of Ratchet, except she had grey fur with pigeon blue stripes on her arm and ears, wielded a giant hammer and had a yellow, mechanical arm in place of her right arm. Basically, she looked like that one character in every video game that had been through a lot.

"Who are you?" I asked, standing up and clutching my shoulder with my right hand, applying pressure to my wound. Even with the problem of my shoulder, I was completely aware of my surroundings and ready to pull my pistol out at any point, if need be.

"Someone with a looooot of questions... that you two are going to answer." She said, bringing the hammer up and resting it on her mechanical shoulder. "Let's go for a ride." She said, picking up Clank and attaching him to a magnet on her back, then looking at me. "You too. Keep up." She said as she began to run across the overpass.

"Wait, I have to find my friend-!" Clank protested as we ran into the city, the girl ignoring him.