Rivet's Hideout

Y/N's Perspective
Sargasso, Outpost L51
Wednesday, 18/08/32

"Is there some other way we can get across to your hideout, Rivet?" I asked, looking from the bridge to the goons fighting the dinosaur. "The fact I only have one arm is restricting my ability to kill things with cool, big guns. And not being able to kill things with cool, big guns is making me want to kill things with cool, big guns even more."

"No, sadly. There's no other way to my hideout, so we're just gonna have to make do with what we've got." She said in quite a matter-of-fact tone, even though I was joking. 

"I believe he was attempting to be comical." Clank stated, looking over Rivet's shoulder at the area around the bridge. "But I will say that this fight will be difficult."

"Yeah, no kidding." I commented sarcastically, watching the Goons try to fight the dinosaur, interested in seeing if they could manage to take it down. "This definitely seems like a job for Shatterbombs, though. Get one on it's eye, or in its mouth, maybe."

"That would be pretty painful for literally everything else on this planet, but to a Grunthor..." Rivet trailed off, knowing I got the idea of what she was saying. "But you know how I was talking to Mrs Zurkon earlier? Well, while I was there, I bought this!" She smirked, pulling out a massive weapon that looked similar to a cannon called the Negatron Collider. "It fires a continuous, deadly beam of energy, and it can probably take out that hulking beast over there in no time. I'm not saying it won't put up a fight, because it will, trust me. You try to fight a Grunthor thinking it'll be easy, you're practically giving away your limbs."

"Great..." I groaned, watching the last of the goons get flattened by the angry Grunthor. "Anyway, shall we?" I asked, pulling my pistol out and loading it once again, looking over at the waiting Grunthor.

Rivet smiled, loading the Collider and stepping forward. "We shall."

"I hope you two have enough ammo." Clank said as we ran towards the Grunthor and opened fire, a note of worry in his voice.

The Grunthor charged towards us, making the ground shake with every step it took. "Woah, you are one *big* Grunthor..." Rivet exclaimed as I emptied a few clips of ammo into it before swapping to my Shatterbombs, throwing a few on the underside of its belly and one into its mouth, and the three of us were actually surprised at how effective the explosives were against the Grunthor. However, it was still standing. It stopped its charge for a second and stumbled back, then let out an angered roar and charged again, Rivet ready to blast it back to the Cretaceous Period with the Collider. 

"Looks like he's a stubborn one too!" I yelled, running circles around the hulking beast and throwing Shatterbombs all over its body, then swapping to my pistol as I came full circle, emptying a few more mags into it as Rivet blasted the life out of it with the Negatron Collider. It had to be close to going down, since it was ripping up rocks and chunks of earth and flinging them at us. "It's gotta be close now, right?" I asked after diving behind a nearby rock to reload, narrowly avoiding a large piece of dirt thrown in my general direction. 

"Has to be, they all do this when they're about to go down!" Rivet yelled out over a defeated roar from the beast as she fired three last shots at it with her burst pistol. I stood up just in time to see it fall onto its side, its body limp. "See? Wasn't that hard, now was it?" She said jokingly, walking over to a few Mort emerging from their hiding spots.

"Scans of the area show there are no more hostiles in range." Clank stated as we walked towards the Morts.

"Rivet!" One of the Morts called out. "We raised the bridge to your hideout for protection, but the controls to lower it are over there on that platform."