Ratchet & Kit

Y/N's Perspective
Scarstu Debris Field, Zurkie's Gastropub & Battleplex
Friday, 20/08/32

A few hours and a terrible dream after we left Blizar Prime, I shot awake in the passenger seat of the familiar spacecraft. I looked around the cabin for a moment and sighed in relief. "Yep, this still isn't a dream--" I said to myself. "Good..."

"Oh, hey! You're awake!" Rivet exclaimed, putting the ship into autopilot and spinning the drivers chair to face me. "You doing okay?" She asked, tilting her head inquisitively. "You were a little... restless."

"Uh, yeah... just had a bit of a weird dream." I gave her a reassuring smile and a small nod before turning my attention to the spacecraft's windshield, seeing Zurkie's not that far off in the distance.

"Oh, I hope Ratchet has the parts necessary for the rest of the Dimensionator..." Clank whispered to himself, worry clear in his voice.

"Hey, I'm sure Ratchet has the situation all under control, Bolts." I turned around in my seat as we approached Zurkie's again, smiling at him. "He seems quite capable and ready to jump into action to me."

"Yes, but we have been working as a team for so long... I'm worried he may have trouble on his own." Clank blinked his green optics at me, clearly still worried.

"He'll be fine." Rivet turned to Clank and gave him a reassuring smile as the ship landed on the same parking spot we were on before, the cockpit opening up. "Lombaxes always find a way through, whether they're working together or alone."

Clank nodded, seemingly easing up. "Maybe he already made it back?"

"I wouldn't be surprised if he did. If he's anything like me, he'd get the job done quick." Rivet jumped out of the ship, leaving me with Clank for a moment.

After watching Rivet hop out of the ship and walk over to a pile of boxes to lean on them, I turned back to Clank. "Besides, once we get this Dimensionator made, he'll help us to track down Dr Nefarious and get this shit sorted out before Emperor Nefarious shows up." 

"Correct..." He replied, a hint of sadness in his metallic voice. "I suppose that means our adventure will be coming to an end soon, Y/N." He looked up at me after looking away for a moment, his green bulbs somehow conveying so much emotion despite being all one colour. "You, Ratchet, Dr Nefarious and I will be back to our own dimensions almost too soon..." He sighed as he finished speaking.

"Hey, I'm sure this won't be the only adventure we go on together. Besides, we're just a rift apart." I gave Clank a reassuring smile before picking him up and putting him on the magnet on my back, then jumping out of the ship and taking Rivet's hand, walking towards the entrance to Zurkie's with a happy smile on my face.

Upon entry to the reception room at the end of the hall before the pub itself, we saw Ratchet and a small, yellow bot standing next to him, both looking at the reception desk. The small robot was the first to realise we had arrived and excitedly tapped Ratchet on the shoulder, pointing towards us.

"What's--" Ratchet looked down at the robot before seeing that it was pointing at Rivet and I, who were standing in the doorway. He jumped back, surprised to see another of his kind, no doubt. "Uh- hey!"

"Hey--" Rivet replied quickly, seemingly nervous. She was still holding my hand and squeezed it lightly, looking at me like "what the fuck am I supposed to say?"

"You got this, don't worry." I mouthed at her, giving her my seemingly signature reassuring smile and putting a hand out for Ratchet. "Hey, I'm Y/N. The dumbass from the rooftop back in Nefarious City. It's a pleasure to finally talk properly, Ratchet."

"Oh, no problem!" Ratchet let out a small laugh and shook my robotic hand, his grip surprisingly strong. As I introduced myself to Ratchet, Rivet stood nervously, and silently, next to me. "Who's the little yellow bot?" I asked, nodding my head at the bot standing next to Ratchet.

"Oh, she's Kit. I found her while I was searching for the Dimensionator blueprints on Savali. I kinda convinced her to come along." He smiled down at Kit, who was still kind of jumpy and excited to meet Rivet, Clank and I. Ratchet must have told her about us.

I looked at Rivet and gave her another smile before nodding at her, letting her speak now. "Oh! Yeah, uh-- hi!" She looked at Ratchet awkwardly for a moment before grabbing Clank from my back and presenting him to Ratchet. "Uhm... we have Clank."

Clank raised his hand to Ratchet and he seemed to smile for a moment, until he noticed that the little bot was missing an arm. "Oh, pal..." He began, his ears drooping at the sight of Clank's arm missing.

"I am fine, Ratchet." Clank cut him off, waving his remaining arm dismissively. "In fact, I am beginning to like my new look." He seemed to smile as Rivet passed him over to Ratchet.

"Oh, sorry about the arm. Got broken off in a tussle with a very annoying Seekerpede..." I added, rubbing the back of my head with my robotic hand.

"Don't worry, I knew you wouldn't hurt Clank... not on purpose at least. You did save him from the Dimensionator on that rooftop earlier, and I know Rivet wouldn't hurt him, pretty sure she's ME, after all."

"Wait, what makes you so sure you're not me?" Rivet asked, lightening up and letting go of my hand, now resting hers on her hips and giving him a smug look, making me laugh lightly.

"Well, I mean come on! I, uh--" Ratchet rested a hand on his hip as well and looked between Rivet and I, obviously trying to think of something to say. Meanwhile, Kit had made her way over to Clank, who was being held by Ratchet, and stood on the tips of her robitic toes to flick the little antenna on the top of his head, making them both laugh after a second. 

"You've got nothing?" I asked, mirroring Rivet's smug look and smiling.

"Yeah, I got nothing." The three of us let out a light chuckle at Ratchet's response, and I looked down at Kit, thinking for a moment. 

"Hey, Rivet, why don't you have Kit tag along as your little robot-friend?" I suggested, turning to Rivet, seeing Kit perk up at the suggestion in my peripheral vision.

"Uhm... sure, I guess?" She replied, looking down at the little yellow robot, who stepped forward and began talking.

"I have been looking forward to meeting you, Rivet." She said, looking up at Rivet, her light blue optics shining bright as she looked into Rivet's lapis blue eyes.

Rivet looked confused for a second, looking from me to Ratchet quickly before replying. "Uhm, me too--"

Kit giggled nervously and put her hand to her mouth as she looked up to Ratchet for what to do next, who gently pushed her towards Rivet. She opened her hand for seemingly a handshake as Kit offered the hand on the same side, and it turned into an awkward, yet funny fistbump, both their faces easing up a little as they did.

"Well, I guess it's time to fix this shitfight then." I said, looking from Ratchet to Rivet with a smile. Ratchet responded with a thumbs up and put Clank on his back before pulling out the unpowered Dimensionator. I nodded and pulled out the phase quartz, smiling at him before turning and walking towards the door to the pub, the rest of the group following me. 

Before it opened, I turned back to look at Kit, who was walking behind Rivet. I silently signalled to Rivet that she should offer to see if Kit wanted to ride on her back. She nodded and turned to the robot. "Do you want to, uhm--" I watched the exchange with a smile on my face, Kit clearly seeming excited as she ran over and jumped onto the magnet on Rivet's back, giving me a thumbs up as we all stepped towards the door. 

I pressed a button on the frame next to me and it opened, and we were greeted by a room full of Nefarious Bots and other troopers. I rolled my eyes and Rivet, Ratchet and I put our hands in the air as we heard another bot come up behind us, knowing we'd been captured by Dr Nefarious.

A/N: Two in one day? It's been a long time since you've gotten this much from me in even a week! You guys are pretty lucky, aren't ya? Jokes aside, we're finally getting along with the storyline again too! Let's see where this takes us next...

Burn Bright & Carry On
Enno