Overreactive

Y/N's Perspective
Phase Quartz Mine, Blizar Prime
Thursday, 19/08/32

"Y/N, this is no place to stop. More goons are approaching us, and we may be able to save this Blizar yet." Clank informed, looking over my shoulder at me. I nodded and wiped away my tears with my arm, then stood up and drew my trusty 1911, taking cover behind a barricade and opening fire on the incoming goons. 

"Bad news Y/N - I can't shut down the drill." The Chief Engineer's voice came through the comms again, delivering the update to us. "I forgot to update to tools 4.331. Prepare for sweet death, and have a blazin' Blizar day." She said, her voice shaky.

"Oi, I've already lost enough today, so this planet's staying! You got it?" I exclaimed, an idea that might just be crazy enough to work surfacing in my head.

"What is your plan?" Clank asked, his metallic voice full of concern, though he was clearly intrigued.

"If I know anything about big machinery, it's that one big machine colliding with another big machine means destruction. You see that goon dropship?" I pointed to the ship that was circling the platform. "We damage it enough for it to spin out of control, it hits the drill and knocks it out, hopefully blowing both up!"

"I see now. It's full of fuel as well, and dangerously close to becoming a bomb!" Clank said, beginning to get my idea.

"Exactly! If we can get it to crash into the drill, we can at least knock the beam askew and stop the planet from shattering!" I exclaimed, swapping to the Negatron Collider and opening fire on the ship, mainly aiming for the engines.

"Normally I'd say that's against protocol, but this is a pre-post apocalyptic world we live in, so go for it!" The Chief Engineer exclaimed, cutting the comms channel for now and leaving me to my work.

"Alright, let's fucking DO THIS!" I shouted, barging through a group of goons and taking them out with a quick shot from the cannon before returning to my main job of taking out the ship, the engines already smoking and the hull pretty messed up. 

"Need a hand?" A familiar voice called from behind me, a second Negatron Collider beam crashing into the ship. I looked behind me and my heart skipped a beat as I saw Rivet standing on a platform behind me, looking like an absolute badass wielding the cannon. 

"I guess you had no reason to worry." Clank said, and I rolled my eyes. "I am correct, am I not?"

"Yeah yeah, but you don't need to boast about it, Bolts." I rolled my eyes and continued firing at the ship, which now looked about ready to explode. "COME ON, YA STUPID THING!" I yelled out. "God, what does it take to make a ship blow up on a giant laser drill?"

Almost as soon as I shouted in frustration at the dropship, it began to spin out of control, making a beeline for the drill and smashing into it, knocking it off target and making it shoot in a line across the platform before stabilizing itself and shaking the ground beneath us, both Rivet and I stumbling around for a second. I looked over at Rivet to see the phase quartz had fallen out of her pocket, and was now rattling around on the platform she was on, edging closer to the gap in between the platforms, directly over the lava rivers below. "Rivet, the phase quartz!" I yelled as it bounced over the edge, Rivet instantly diving for it. The second she dived, I knew she overshot it and would end up falling straight into the lava if I didn't act quick, so I rushed forward and dived towards the edge as well, catching her leg with my bionic hand as she caught the phase quartz in hers. 

Thanks to the extra strength of my bionic implant, I was able to pull her to safety fairly easy. "God, that was a close one--" She breathed out, leaning on me and shaking as I secured the phase quartz so it wouldn't fall anywhere again. "Thanks for the save."