Escape to Sargasso

Y/N's Perspective
Nefarious City Bazaar, Corson V
Wednesday, 18/08/32

The girl led me into a Bazaar located under the city, which was full of patrol bots, statues of the robot from the rooftop, Dr Nefarious, and civilian robots, all gossiping about how the Resistance might be behind these purple cracks in the sky and around the city. Clank was still protesting about looking for Ratchet, but whoever this girl was, she wasn't having any of it and ignored him as we ran through the bazaar. I found out a few things though, the first one being that both this girl and Ratchet are the last 'Lombaxes' of their universes, so I could only assume that they were each other's alternate reality double. 

"You see that landing pad up there?" She asked, pointing up the rows of shops to a very conveniently placed landing pad at the very end as we continued to run through the bazaar. "That's where we gotta get to! My ship will be landing there within the next few minutes, so there's no time to waste!" She yelled, pushing ahead as soon as she heard robots behind us, who were yelling something like 'Halt! Release the hostage!' 

I turned back to look at them, seeing three red and white bots chasing us and realising they were closer than I previously thought, so I reached into my bag with my right arm and grabbed a clip of ammo, loading my pistol clumsily and firing at them, taking two out with three shots. I put the gun back into my pocket and pulled out my army knife, seeing a plate that I could only assume lead to the main circuits of the bot on the back of it. I prepared myself, then jumped backwards, landing on it and prying off the plate, seeing a jumble of wires despite the robot thrashing around and desperately trying to get me off. With my one hand, I managed to get the knife around and cut the circuits, realising I was about to go right by the escape ship, which had just landed, so I did the only thing I could: I folded the pocket knife away and jumped for it. I barely made it into the ship, and I could have sworn I felt the robot fall away from under my feet as I launched myself into the cockpit.

"You are one lucky dumbass, you know that?" The Lombax said as I sat down in the free seat and sighed heavily, panting and trying to catch my breath after that experience. "But that was pretty cool. You've got some moves." She looked at me and smiled, then dumped Clank on my lap. "I haven't introduced myself yet, have I? I'm Rivet, one of the Resistance. And you are...?"

"Y/N. It's a pleasure to meet you." I said, holding my right arm out for an awkward handshake. "And about the bot thing, instinctive nature, I guess. I just know when I need to bust someone up." I said, shrugging my shoulders and wincing. "Shit, forgot I lost that-" I murmured to myself.

Rivet awkwardly shook my hand and looked over at me, finally noticing I was missing my left arm. "Huh, didn't realise you lost an arm. When'd that happen?" 

"When the Dimensionator blew up, just before you found us. Why don't you let Clank here tell you the story of how this all happened? He knows more about it than I do." I said, looking down at him.

"Alright, I will explain what happened." Clank said, and began to tell his story.

Timeskip to after Clank tells his story, of which Rivet believes almost none of by the way, due to her distrust of most robots

"...so, then this Dimensionator was stolen by *Dr* Nefarious... who used it to bring you here... Now you just have to find your friend who is ALSO, *miraculously*, a Lombax-- to save the day?" Rivet said, recounting the important parts of Clank's story. 

"And get home." Clank added, turning his head to look at her.

Rivet chuckled, and I instantly knew what was going to come out of her mouth next. "You must seriously think I'm an idiot." She said flatly, her ears drooping as she did, and I grimaced at the words. Harsh. "Look-- as real as I'm sure this 'Dr Nefarious' is, this has the EMPEROR written all over it."