The Home Game (Part Two)

Y/N's Perspective
Sargasso, Outpost L51
Saturday, 21/08/32

"Oh, these dickbags are really getting on my nerves-" I groaned as I equipped my Shatterbomb Glove and tossed a few of the explosives over the cover we were behind, successfully damaging and holding back the onslaught of Nefarious Troopers. 

"Time to give these asshats some shock therapy!" Rivet exclaimed, smirking at me before jumping from the cover we were behind, dashing to more cover closer to the troops and pulling out her Lightning Rod, rapid-firing the crowd of enemies before us. I saw the plan and took my window to attack, rushing from cover with The Enforcer in hand and blasting my way through the remaining Nefarious Troops.

Rivet and I wasted no time celebrating our small victory - time for celebration would come later when we wiped the floor with Emperor Nefarious for the first, and hopefully last time. Instead, we continued along the various platforms, slowly making our way over to one of the factor's cranes to use as a landmark.

Up in front of the crane, two Nefarious Peacekeepers flew through a newly-opened rift, their sights already set on us.

"All of these rifts... The Emperor has become even more dangerous with the Dimensionator." Kit said, sounding rather worried as we worked on disposing of the two Peacekeepers with a  healthy dose of Shatterbombs.

Behind the Peacekeepers, another rift appeared, two Sluggers jumping from it and taking a defensive stance on the bridge connecting the crane platform to one of the factory's pumps.

"I think they're trying to take the factory out!" I exclaimed as we ran up towards the crane, already opening fire on the Sluggers standing on the bridge. 

"Well we're not gonna make it easy for them!" Rivet exclaimed, tossing the last of her Shatterbombs at the enemies on the bridge before swapping to her Burst Pistol and shooting the legs off one of the Sluggers, causing it to topple into another one before exploding into a fiery ball, machine parts flying in every direction.

"That was a wonderful fireworks display." Kit said as we continued on before yelling out, making us stop and turn around. "More Nefarious Troops, behind us!"

I gasped and grabbed Rivet's arm, pulling her out of the way as one of the three Lasertroopers standing on the crane platform fired at us before letting out a yell and equipping my Negatron Collider and pointing it at them, sending the operators of the suits to heaven as they chain-exploded.

Meanwhile, Rivet dispatched a small crowd of Nefarious Troopers and another Peacekeeper before they could damage the pump any further, Kit giving us a status report as the last of the troops fell.

"All enemies neutralized. Your friends are safe." She said, earning a relieved sigh from both Rivet and I.

"Now we just need to go check on the Morts, back at my hideout." Rivet said, taking a moment to catch her breath as she walked over to me. "God, that was a lot of jumping around."

...

After a few minutes to catch our breaths and a few more minutes of walking, we had made it to Rivet's hideout. Rivet did the usual to open the door, shoving her hammer into the gear and turning it to open it, and we were immediately greeted by the head Mort in the yellow hard hat. 

"Aw, Rivet," She started, looking up at the Lombax. "sorry you had to come save us again. We tried to hold our own, fixed up the Seekerpede and everything--"

Another one of the Morts piped up, pointing past the entrance to the cave and outside, where the Seekerpede from a few days earlier was attempting to take off but was being blocked by a large rift. "But one of those dimensional thingamajiggers is blockin' it from talking off." 

"First off, none of this was your fault." Rivet chimed in, looking between the two Morts that were leading the conversation.

"Second," I exclaimed, leaning in a little with my hands rested on my hips and a smirk across my face. "-leave the thingamajigger to us."

A/N: Hello mindless slaves- er, I mean... followers! I have returned from the dead to finally supply you with more of this story... and another short chapter with an anti-climactic cliffhanger! Will I stick around to see this through? Probably. Will I be okay with that? Definitely! See you all in the next chapter, and Happy Pride Month!

Burn Bright & Carry On
Enno