Chapter 1: Auction

"Fate has a twisted way to get things done"

Ishani

My small bedroom is a total mess due to me being running around all the stuff needed for the first day of the last semester of my college. Its very important today to go there in time and honestly I don't wanna be late. Its already past 10am and I need to reach there before 11. My cousin sister continues groaning for my restlessness but I care less at this moment.

"Will you please stop running around, I'm trying to focus on study here.... tomorrow is my exam!!" Again she almost shout in an irritating tone but I just shrugged it off.

"I'm sorry...you know right its the first day, so I don't wanna be late....just tolerate me for another 10 minutes." I whine while tying my hair in a high pony.

She sigh loudly and say,

"Yeah yeah I know how much you love anything about study....sometimes I wonder you are normal or not! I mean everyone excited for the last day of academic year and here you are all excited for the first day of another boring semester."

I just chuckled and shove my backpack in my shoulder,

"Believe me nothing excites me more than books." I winked at her and she just shook her head. "Now bye...I'm finally going and don't worry about the mess I've created, I will clean everything after returning home." She nodded and go back to her books.

Maahi is my cousin sister, two years younger than me and currently in highschool, but we share a very friendly bond together, she always stands for me whenever my aunt scolded me without any reason, but she also fight with me over little things just like real siblings does and that's made our bond so special.

I take my phone from the small table beside the bed and check the time it's already 10.35am.

Shit!

Almost running towards the front door, thankfully not tripping over my way I swing open the main door and just about to go out when I heard the voice which definitely gonna be the reason of my delay.

"You have to deliver this to your uncle before going to college." My aunt said with a stern tone.

I shut my eyes close and take a deep breath, then trun around to see that she is holding a black file in her hand and shove it to my direction to make me take it from her.

I know something like that is coming and I also know denying her is not an option but still I try my luck to convince her,

"Can you ask Varun to take it to uncle, I'm gonna be late if I.." I cut off by her in middle.

"Do you really gain the courage to deny me now?! and why would Varun do such a mere work, he has more important works to do unlike you." She say with so much arrogance.

Yeah right, he must be sleeping right now or messing around with some girl...really how important work that would be!

I thought about my cousin brother. He is same age as me, but unlike Maahi he hates me to the core and never misses a chance to irritate me and obviously his mother supports him and punishes me everytime. I try to avoid him as much as possible but being in a same house 24/7 it's almost impossible and he enjoy seeing me being punished. Despite being in same college no one knows we are cousins except my best friend Urvi.

Well aware that my pleading is of no use and it only eat my time more I reluctantly stride my steps towards her and grab the black file and then she speaks again,