Chapter 17: Inner Demons

" The only thing worse than a guy who hates you, is the same guy started to love you."

Ishani

Finally the day of reception has come and unlike the wedding it is held in a huge banquet hall rather than Oberoi mansion. I'm stunned by seeing the extravagant arrangements they have made in just mere one day. The place is huge and to decorate it with flowers, lights and other exquisite things must be took a lot of hardwork and skilled manpower.

I've to come 4 hours earlier to get ready before the party, because all the stylists and make up artists are gathered there to make me look like one of the Oberoi's. There are atleast 6 stylists doing my hair and make up for past few hours, and I sat their like a statue while they do their work with so much passion and dedication.

After finishing my make up, it's time to put on that huge gown that looks so beautiful that I thought I might stained it's beauty by wearing it. However after putting it on I felt how perfectly it fitted me and take a look at my reflection in the mirror I couldn't believe it's me. My make up enhanced my facial features in the most graceful way and it perfectly suited with the ivory dress I wore.

After finishing my look the stylists left me alone in the room where I'm supposed to wait untill the grand entry with Adi as I'm being said

After finishing my look the stylists left me alone in the room where I'm supposed to wait untill the grand entry with Adi as I'm being said. Tapping my feet impatiently on the floor I waited for him, I'm nervous as hell. I'm always a bore when comes to parties and being the centre of attention to such extravagant event I felt restless.

It's almost 30mins when the door opened with a click and I smiled at the thought that it would be Adi. But to my dismay it's some unknown girl who introduced herself as one of the party organisers.

"Ma'am it's time for your appearance." She informed me with a smile but I frowned. I'm supposed to go with Adi then why she asked me to come alone.

"Where is Adi? I mean my husband Aditya Oberoi, I'm supposed to go with him right?" I asked in which she shifting in her legs and said nervously,

"Ma'am we couldn't get in touch with him, he has not arrived yet we guess but it's time for your entry." She said in a pleading tone.

"But how can I appered alone, we should wait for him a little more." I reasoned with her in which she pressed her lips in thin line and said,

"Ma'am it's already been so late and the guests are waiting, so I request you to please come down." I thought for a moment and heaving a deep sigh I agreed with her. I felt a little bit disappointed as Adi haven't arrived at his own reception and convince myself he must be busy in some urgent work, but my heart still got heavy.

I follow the unknown women towards the staircase which lead us to downstairs where the ceremony is being held. I could hear the music, faint talking and laughing of people as I'm getting closer to the stairs. I gulped and take deep breaths to ease my anxiety and pray to God somehow magically send Adi right away.