Chapter 14: Honeymoon

" She is both, hellfire and holy water. And the flavour you taste depends on how you treat her."

Singapore 🇸🇬

Ishani

It's 8 in the morning when we've landed in Singapore. Like back in India a black car came to the runway to escort us to our hotel. Adi didn't say a word in the entire flight after that incident and I didn't bother to start a conversation. After almost 30 minutes the car stops infront of a grand building I assume our hotel. 'Marina Bay Sand Hotel' craved in the entrance with bold letters and it's so tall that looks like touches the sky. Adi got out of the car and I followed behind him.

He reached the reception and asking for his reservation, in the meantime I take in my surroundings. My eyes and mouth fell open as wide as a fish looking around me, the hotel is lavish but what caught my attention is how well decorated and maintained that huge place is, everything is so in order.

My trance broke when I heard Adi's voice,

"Come, our suite is in 50th floor." I nodded and followed him to the elevator, a room attendant escorted us to our room. It's a huge presidential suite with a bedroom, a living area and a huge bathroom. The balcony is huge and the view is awesome, the entire city can be seen from there.

I'm utterly mesmerised by the huge city below and my feet invoulantarily moved towards the balcony to get a better view

I'm utterly mesmerised by the huge city below and my feet invoulantarily moved towards the balcony to get a better view. The city is beautiful with many outstanding architecture and huge buildings, and from this height it looks more extravagant. There is a small pool in the balcony along with two chairs and a small table. In my little exploration I didn't realise when the room attendant gone away and there is only me and Adi in that huge ass room.

I turned around and found him staring at me with amusement in his eyes.

"Are we staying together?" I blurted out without thinking and cursed myself internally for asking such dumb question.

Of course you dumb shit, do you think he would spend a penny to give you your separate room in that luxurious hotel?

I bet the room rent for one night is higher than my tuition fees for one year. I looked him taking slow steps towards me casually like he is walking in his garden. I couldn't move back because my back already touched the glass railings of the balcony. He stops a few inches away from me and looking down at me he replied,

"Of course wifey, afterall it's our honeymoon so why do you think that we're staying in seperate rooms?" The smirk in his face gave me all the reasons to believe that it's just his another prank to mess with me but my heart reacted otherwise and beating rapidly. I don't understand how he has such effect on me, whenever he is near me my logical mind completely shut down and my stupid heart started to take actions.