Chapter 19: Body, heart and soul

"You have me, untill the last star of the galaxy dies down you have me."

Ishani

Ishani....

I woke up with a jolt having a nightmare of Adi calling my name in a heart wrenching scream. My whole body is sweating and my heart is pounding rapidly in my chest. My breaths coming as irregular pants and my heart felt constricted.

I looked around hastily, takes in the unfamiliar surrounding and realise that I'm still in Adi's room in Oberoi mansion. I took my phone from the nightstand and without much thinking dialed his number. The ring goes on an on untill it disconnected but he didn't responded. I dialed again but same goes this time.

I hastily jump down from the bed and almost run out of the room. The whole mansion is dark and silent, I checked my phone and it shows it's 1.47am. I quickly ran down the stairs and open the main door. There I came face to face with two guards, both gave me a confused and questioning glance then one of them asked,

"You need something ma'am?" I gulped down the uneasy feelings I've since the nightmare and replied after a pause.

"Can you arrange a car? I need to go somewhere." My voice shook and heart is still beating fast. I think that nightmare really affect me so much that my brain didn't work properly.

"Sure Mrs. Oberoi, but at this hour?" The other guard asked confused but I didn't give him any answer so he called the driver instead. In no time a car pulled over infront of me and I get inside it. I know I need to find Adi right now but I've no idea where he could possibly be. So I go with my instinct and told the driver to take me to Adi's house.

I again dialed his number and continued untill the car pulled over infront of his house. I stepped out of the car and running all the way to the main door. I put on the passcode on the door and it opened swiftly. I entered and welcomed by darkness. With the help of
Mobile I am able to switch on the lights and gasped as soon as I take in the surrounding.

The whole house is a mess, looking like a tornado passing through it. All the things scattered on the floor and furnitures flipped down haphazardly. I carefully move through all the mess, try my best to not step on the broken glasses and with much difficulty reached the stairs.

I hastily runs up to his room and opened the door without knocking but welcomed by darkness. I again switched on the light but the room is empty and also messed up like living room. I checked few more rooms which are down the hall but they are empty. Finally I opened my room in case he was there but surprisingly my room is neat and clean just like I left it, untouched.

My shoulder slumbered in disappointment as I realise he is not here. I stepped down the stairs thinking about all the possible places he would be, but couldn't think of any. It's so stupid of me running aimlessly in search of him where the reality is the only place I can think of is his home which is definitely not the right place.

I was about to stepped out of the house when I heard faint grunts and smashing of glass from inside the house. I turned around in hope and followed the faint sounds which are now increasing as I step forward. I heard a growl and again shattering of glasses. My breath quickened as my steps becoming haste and it led me to the 'forbidden room'.

Maria told me about that room at the end of the hall, which is strictly forbidden to enter. It's the room only Adi have the keys and always been locked. Once I wondered what might be inside this room so secretive that not even the house staffs knows about it.