Chapter 2: Pain

"The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal."

Ishani

After running aways from the venue I came straight to the place which is very close to my heart, because this is the place where I used to come with my parents when they are alive. It is an ordinary park with lots of flower bushes, artificial streams, a small lake with boating arrangement and greenery everywhere.

Sitting under a big oak tree where we three used to came for picnic almost every Sunday, I let my tears fall. I feel the same pain as I did when my parents died. The necklace is the last memory of them I have, and I lost it too. After their death my uncle made me that necklace, with their rings entangled with each other, it gave me the feel, that they are still with me, but now it's void again.

I started to blame everyone, my aunt to made me go there, my uncle for not receiving my calls, the guards for letting me in, the stupid rotating door which led me to my misery, and mostly that arrogant jerk for auctioning my property without my permission. I didn't caste a look on him, as I'm too involved in protecting my necklace, but I'm sure by his rude demeanor that he must be looking like a monster.

I cried my eyes out untill there are no tears left, then I weakly stand in my feet and make my way to home.It's almost evening when I reached home. As soon as I entered the living room I welcomed by a tight slap in my left cheek, and by the impact my head turns to my right and my eyes gets teary again. And without looking I can say this is my aunt, because it's not the first time she hit me.

"Mom what are you doing!" I heard Maahi's panicked voice and her failed attempt to defend me because this never works.

"Where were you all day? Did you even know how worried your uncle became? You are such a burden. You should died along with your parents." My aunt said to me angrily with grasping a fistful of hair and made me look at her. Her grip is so tight that I thought my scalp gonna come out. I didn't reply just close my eyes and let my tears fall again. She pushed me angrily to the ground and I hit my head in the coffee table. Immediately a trail of hot liquid trickle down my forehead, and by touching that with my fingers I saw blood.

"Isha." Maahi shouted and rushed to my side, I can see her crying over my pathetic situation.

"Stay away Maahi, I'll kill this girl today. Only because of this bitch your dad lost his job. His blood pressure got increased to the point he could have had a heart attack!" My aunt shouted again while shoving Maahi away from me. Unable stop her mother from continuously beating me, she ran towards uncle and aunt's shared bedroom, while aunt continued on abusing me physically and verbally.

"Isha." I heard my uncles voice after few seconds and looked at his worried face. He almost ran towards me and shouted at my aunt to back off, she let me go and my body limped on the floor but my uncle picked me up and place my head in his lap.

"Oh God, Isha don't close your eyes, keep them open.... Maahi call Mrs. D'Souza right now." I heard my uncle's panick stricken voice and some shuffling around me, but I felt dizzy and have difficulty to keep my eyes open. I can see my uncle's blurry face and feel a continuous patting on my cheek to keep me awake but soon blackness overpower my vision.

I squinted my eyes open and immediately felt a sharp pain in my forehead, that made me hiss. Some parts of my body also ached. I open my eyes slowly and realize I'm in my bed surrounded by my uncle, Maahi and Mrs. D'Souza. She is our neighbor and a doctor.

"How are you feeling now?" She asked me with a sad smile and I smiled back a little and despite all the pain I replied,

"I'm fine." She shaked her head and with a sigh said,