Chapter 16: His weakness

" You touched the place in my heart where love runs wild"

Ishani

Adi opened his eyes and I caught an mixed emotion of rage, resentment and hate in his eyes. The adoration and humor is completely gone from his features replaced with his dark gleam. He distanced himself slowly and turned around to meet his father's angry glare. I finally get a full view of his father and I swear I could see flames erupted from his body and his whole demeanor screamed terror, he looked at us like an angry bull ready to attack. I gulped and realized from where Adi got his dangerous and deadly aura.

"What the hell are you doing in my office? You are not allowed here." Adi gritted out furiously. The tension in the air is so thick I felt suffocated. Mr. Oberoi glaring at Adi with pure rage as if he could kill him if needed and Adi have the exact same malice in his eyes, and that scared the shit out of me. Why have he been so angry? I know Adi and his father is not in good terms but I really don't know what is the reason behind it. But seeing them like this, ready to murder each other I can tell that is not just a normal father-son clash, the reason is lethal.

"Mind you tone Adi, we came here to clean the mess you've created." Another male voice came from behind Mr. Oberoi and then only I noticed Adi's elder brother Rajvir is also present in the room. He seems much more calmer than the rest but his tone laced with equal hate and disgust.

"Since when you and your father care to think about my mess?" Adi said in a mocking tone and I felt his father got angrier the way he talks back to them. I wanted to tell him to stop arguing and listen to what they came to say, but in this situation it's better to keep quite, I felt that if I got involve in their conversation it might get even much worse.

"Are you going to stand there like a sneaky witch? Don't you get that we need some private time here? Get lost." Mr. Oberoi yelled suddenly at me and I startled at the sudden shift of anger towards me. The disgust in his eyes and words is enough to get a clear sense what he thinks about me. I've never came face to face with him before and after today I never want to.

I hurriedly move past Adi without wasting a single second as Mr. Oberoi throwing daggers with his eyes, but I got pulled back by my wrist and almost crashed in Adi's chest.

"How dare you talking to my wife like that infornt of me? She is not going anywhere, the one who should leave is you and your fucking puppet son." Adi shouted angrily and hold me tightly by his side. My mouth fell open and eyes almost teared up seeing the fire in his eyes while defending me, and did he just call me his wife out loud?

"Are you going to insult your own family for this down market girl?" Mr. Oberoi counters back and the way he addressed me really hurts my dignity. Why does he so insisted on talking lowly about me? I've never encountered him unless the day of my wedding and I bet he didn't even know my full name even if I'm married to his son, so why he hates me so much?

"She is more family to me than you two will ever be." Adi declared firmly tightened his hold around me and pulled me closer. I looked at him mesmerised and overwhelmed. No one ever made me felt like that ever. After my parent's death I always felt like I'm alone and lost in this world, and never again have someone to call my own family. But his words immediately infused me with a sense of belonging.

"And if you insult her one more time I swear I'll destroy your god damn reputation by showing your real face infront of the whole fucking world." He added with a threatening tone, and the way the color of his father's face drained out I can tell he frightened by his sons statement. The whole situation is got out of hand and the presence of me only added more fuel to the heat.