Chapter 23: Back Stabber

"Love will bleed you dry, you just have to pick the ones worth dying for"

Rohan

It's the fifth joint I've lit in a row but still couldn't get the feel I want to, that light headed and streesfree feel, because no matter how hard I try to forget I still couldn't get over the things Isha said to me. She is absolutely right that I shouldn't interfere in their matter but how can I not? How am I suppose to act indifferent knowing she is going to be hurt by Adi again?

I regreted everyday that I couldn't do anything despite knowing how much Adi made her suffer. Adi is my best friend, my brother, I couldn't go against him for a girl I merely know for one month and besides she is his wife, who am I to say anything about their relationship. But it's paining me to see her like that, I could see the uncertainty in her eyes yet she is determined to please everyone, acted like nothing is happening behind that fake smile. I couldn't stop Adi or tell anyone about this not even dadi, So I try to be someone she could feel somehow happy to be with and forget about her pathetic life, which I'm certain that I successfully did.

But things getting intense when I spend more time with her, her mere presence lit up my mood. I get a sense of protecting her at all cost, I couldn't see her cry or hurt. I was overwhelmed that she rely on me whenever anything bad happens to her, she found comfort in me like I do. I like to be the one she is seeking when she is in trouble.

But it's not lasted long, my happy bubble brust the day I found out about them, them being intimate. I have never felt something like that for someone, and to be honest I felt horrible to feel this weak for Ishani, because she is my best friend's wife. Only the thought of them together infuriates me, which is totally sick. I felt like the most horrible and selfish person in this world.

But the fact that they are getting close made me jealous. I know Ishani, she would never give herself to Adi unless she has feelings for him, but how? How did she forget all the things Adi did to her or even doing? On the other hand I know Adi too, he most certainly had sex with her just because he wants to get laid, nothing else. Then why Isha didn't see that? Why she trust the man who hurt her so bad?

I chugged down the whiskey in one go and let the bitter taste burn my throat. Then took a puff of the joint between my fingers. Ugh it's driving me nuts when I thought about all the things. How am I suppose to stop her falling for the wrong guy. I know I sound so evil and selfish but that's the truth, Adi didn't deserve her love or care, because the more she fall for him the more he would hurt her, that's how he is and I wonder why he let this happen because I'm sure he is well aware how disastrous he would have been.

My deep thoughts come to an end with my doorbell blow off followed by loud banging of the front door of my apartment. It is being banged so brutally like someone is trying to break it. I frowned and stepped down from the barstool to give a piece of my mind whoever banging my door like crazy.

But as soon as I opened the door I'm being welcomed with a hard punch in my face and the impact is so intense that I slammed down in the floor. The metallic taste of blood fills my mouth and without even looking I know it's Adi. I wiped my bristled lips and saw the blood in my finger. He moved behind me and came closer with his heavy boots stompted across the marble floor then yanked me by my collar and I met his hard glare when he shouted at my face,

"You fucking back stabber! What the fuck did you tell her?" He looked pissed, like literally. Eyes red, veins popping out of his neck and forehead, nose flaring and teeth gritting. It's clear to me who he is been referring to. I gave him a blank look then wrapped my palms around his wrists to free myself from his tight grip. My t-shirt almost torn when he refuses to loose his grip.