Chapter 9: Change in heart

"The beauty in her craves the beast in his."

Ishani

"Dadi." I greeted cheerfully as soon as I entered her room in the hospital. I'm practically leaping in my feet before realising that I'm in a very uncomfortable footwear, the heels are literally killing me. I however made my way to her bed and give her a tight hug, she hugged me back with equal joy, and her heart warming smile is the prove of that.

"Isha, how are you my child?" She asked me smiling brightly as soon as I detached myself from her embrace. I smiled promisingly before answer,

"I'm good Dadi, what about you?" I asked as she hold my hand and pull me to sit infront of her in the bed.

"Now I'm good." She said kissing my hands in her and that gesture made my eyes filled with tears instantly. I didn't say anything further, I couldn't say anything. Although she said she is alright but only by her face it is evident that her condition getting worse day by day.

Tears started to stream down my cheeks at the thought of her not being with us in a few months. She is the only person apart from my family who spoiled me with her love and become a very important person in my life in such a short span of time. In grandma's presence all my pain and problems seems to vanish in thin air, she just made all the suffering look so little when she herself battle for her life with this deadly disease.

"Why are you crying? You know right how your nose turned into a red tomato whenever you cry." She said pinching my nose playfully made me giggle.

"That's my girl, pretty face like yours made only for pretty smile." She commented looking at me with adoration which made me blush.

"Where's Adi anyways?" She asked me and like immediately reality slapped my face. Only his name is enough to spoil my mood but I tried my best not to show my hate towards him for grandma's sake.

"I think he is talking to your doctor." I said shifting in my seat a bit.

"He is treating you right, yes?" She asked me seriously this time and all the events started to play in my mind like a flashback, from the wedding night to till date it's nothing but a horrible nightmare for me. But not for a slight moment I thought about telling her about this, for me her happiness matters more than mine, and she should never know the truth about my awful married life.

"Of course Dadi, he is treating me so well I've never imagined of." I replied with a twich of my mouth, well it's not totally lie though, I never thought a person could be that horrible.

"That's a relief, you know at times he really acts like a brat." Grandma said chuckling to herself and I only thought how that brat made my life a total chaos.

"Oh Adi told me you are now working in his company." Her statement left me off guard, I didn't think she would know. As an answer I just nodded my head smiling a bit.

"That's very thoughtful of Adi, appointed you in his company, you know how much your final marks would increased by this internship." She said enthusiastically that only made me frown in confusion.

"Internship?" I thought loudly and she gasped then said.

"Adi didn't tell you?" She asked shocked.

"About what?" I asked as confused as ever.

"This boy." She sighed while shaking her head and I waited patiently for her to explain me further.

"Adi talked to your Dean about your internship in his company in advance, not for two months but for the entire semester, and as a top student in your department the college granted you permission to attend your classes online and will provide all the study materials at your residence. You just have to write the paper at the end of the semester." She explained all this to me which made me speechless in surprise.