Chapter 10: Dancing with the Devil

"I want to be the one you choose when everyone else wants you."

Ishani

The way to the venue of the event was surprisingly silent and my train of thoughts came to a halt when the car stopped. I looked outside the window and amazed by the huge building infront of me, it's surely one of the top10 banquet in the city. Blinding lights decorated the whole exterior and people enters and exits through the large door. I get out of the car as Adi did, he came to my side and said without looking at me,

"Stay away from me as much as possible."

As if I'm dying to be anywhere near Mr. Rude.

But before I could reply anything he already gone through that large glass door. I sighed and made my way to the stairs upto the door carefully with that killer high heels.

It is the annual gala of Paramount, they organised it every year and all the employees along with their family are invited. As a employee for past 5 years uncle also got the invitation every year but my aunt never allowed me to go with them. She always made an excuse for me to tell uncle that I don't want to go with them. Although I wanted to go but never got the chance and convinced myself otherwise. I heard about the grand ceremony from Maahi every year and wished if I can also go there but never voiced out my desire. But I think finally today my wish come true and I'm really excited to see all the fuss about this gala.

I'm just keeping myself excited and internally cheered in hope to meet my family today, here. It is the first time I'd see them after my wedding and it's the longest I've stayed away from them. As soon as I entered my eyes almost came out of the sockets and my mouth dropped open in shock.

The decorations and people inside there is beyond my imagination, it's grand and classy, never in my life I went to any party like this. So this is the annual gala of Paramount? Is this always this huge? Why my aunt never let me attend such humongous and extravagant party like this?

In my amazed state I felt a few taps in my shoulder and turning my head I saw Rohan standing behind me in a three piece grey suit, and he looks dashing. A huge smile immediately spread across my face at the thought that I will definitely not spending my evening here alone with a bunch of strangers.

"Oh thank God Rohan you are here." I almost threw myself at him in relief that someone I know is here. His chuckles vibrates through me as he hugged me back.

"Calm down lady, people might have had wrong assumptions about us." He said whispering in my ears and I replied rolling my eyes,

"I don't care, and who knows me here anyways? They might have other interests rather than following my moves." I said confidently.

"Are you sure? Because every other guy here is checking you out as soon as you stepped in." He said looking around and following his eyes I looked around and find many men look towards us especially at me. I felt self conscious and turned around.

"Am I looking bad or something? Why are they looked at me like I'm a clown?" I said already embarrassed that I might put extra make up or my hair must be looking like a birds nest or something else. Deep chuckles of Rohan beside me made me looked at him frowning. Why is he laughing in a serious situation like that?

"Stupid, they are looking at you because you look drop dead gorgeous, they might never saw a girl that beautiful."

His comment made me blush furiously, and I said shuttering,