Chapter 4

TW: brief mention of suicide, alcoholism, blood

(6 yrs ago)

Even though i've been locked up in my room, drowning in my depression, for exactly a year now, a lot has happened.

My parents finally filed for divorce and after several court appointments, they officially split up.

My mom committed suicide after losing her home and her job all at once.

My dad became an alcoholic, and as if all of this wasn't enough, his high-on-weed blonde dumb girlfriend moved in with us. Not only that but, to add even more trauma to these 365 days, I could hear them fucking every other night.

An aggressive knock on the door pulls me out of my thoughts.

"COME IN" I scream.

My father enters the room a weird look on his face. No words can explain my hatred for this man. He's such a selfish, dirty, idiot dickhead. After ALL HE HAS DONE for this family to fall apart, he has the AUDACITY to come into my personal space.

"What's up?" I ask my voice full of annoyance because I'm starting to lose my patience. He looks down but yet, says nothing.

"FOR GOD'S SAKE TALK OR LEAVE" I yell.

"Davina, from now on you need to start working so you can move out as soon as possible" he says, humiliation clear in his voice.

"Or what?" I challenge.

"Vina,-" he starts.

"OH DON'T YOU DARE VINA ME" I bark.

"Davina, Sarah (his fugly gf) needs you out of here. She doesn't feel comfortable with you around  and...we're expecting, so we need a room for the nursery." He announces.

WTF.

"So let me get this straight, YOU got your stoner of a slut pregnant and expect me to be understanding of the situation and move out. HAHAHAHHAHAHA YOU'RE SO FUNNY. You know what? I actually want to find myself a job and get an apartment far away from y'alls disgusting sex noises." I scold.

I then throw a shoe at him before threatening to hit him with a mug i randomly have sitting on a pile of books. He immediately runs away, knowing that if he stays in my room another second I will not hesitate to murder him. Once he's out, I slam the door as hard as I can.

The anger I have in me is making me see red. I really want to put a dagger in his heart and every time he makes a sound pull it out and reshove it in again and again until his blood covers every single spot on the floor.

UGH I'M GLAD PEOPLE CAN'T READ MINDS BECAUSE IF THEY DID I'D DEFINITELY BE IN JAIL BY NOW.

It's 3:00 AM. I silently go down the stairs to the kitchen. There, I go through every single drawer looking for the one thing that will set me free. I try not to make any noise so I can finish my mission ni vue ni connue.

FINALLY! HERE IT IS. It literally took an eternity for me to find it. Oddly enough, my excitement makes me drop the lighter. The sound of its fall was loud enough to wake the 2 stupid lovebirds.

SHIT SHIT SHIT

My father comes down.

Ugh.

"Vina are you ok?" He asks as if he even cares.

Hypocrite.

At the sight of the lighter in my hand, his eyes widen. The fear on his face brings me satisfaction. Pleasure. A psychopathic smile appears on my face.

"Vina, please put this down" he stutters.

How pathetic. Instead of obeying, I grab the oil under the kitchen sink and I throw some on the floor and light the fire thingy in my hand. Before I have the chance to burn the house down, I hear a gunshot and soon after, I feel a stinging sensation in my arm.

I turn around and see the crazy bitch carrying my father's child holding a gun.

Wtf wtf wtf. I just got shot.
I'm lucky this whore is too high to aim straight .

I apply pressure to the injury and go back to facing my dad. He's literally petrified.

"Are you seriously just going to stand there watching your daughter bleed because the psycho you call your girlfriend stroke a bullet right in my arm?" I attack.

He quickly gets his car keys and drives me to the hospital where they take care of my arm.