Chapter 12

Chris' POV

I'm driving back to my house barely paying attention to the road. Davina's story is playing non-stop in my head. How can someone so beautiful and with such a pretty smile have such a dark past? When she told me about how bad she was treated during her marriage my blood started boiling in my veins but when she mentioned that he raped her every other week throughout 4 years, GOD I WANTED TO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM. Honestly, I would've murdered him too.

Although I understand the why, I can't go back to how it was between us before I knew. The way she planned for his death, how she studied every detail and acted like a victim in front of people is freaking me out. That's not something a normal person would do.  I know the amount of trauma she went through ever since she was born doesn't allow her to be "normal" but there's a thin line between traumatized and psychopath and she falls right on that line.

Suddenly my sight goes blurry and I feel a sharp pain in my chest. Heartbreak. WHY DID IT JUST HIT ME NOW. Crying while driving is not the safest thing on earth, therefore I park on the side of the road and let grief take over my body.

It hurts so bad.

Davina's POV

Knowing he was going to leave me before it even happened did not take away any of the pain i'm feeling post breakup. Right after he left, I fell down to my knees and drowned in my own tears. I haven't moved since then. I can feel my heart shatter into pieces. I'm never going to fall in love ever again. À quoi bon if they'll get scared away by my past anyway. I can't handle being hurt anymore, i've already been through enough.

I finally find the strength to get up after sitting in the middle of the floor for an hour or so.
I need a drink...that's the only thing that gave me the power to stand up. I wipe the tears away, check my makeup and head to "drunk n not nuts". Seeing James and drinking shot after shot will definitely make me feel better.

If anyone tells you to stop drinking, think about why you started in the first place and have another bottle. That's my motto in life.

My face lights up when I see him. No matter how hurt and sad I am, James is the only thing in the universe to bring me even a spark of happiness. I run behind the bar and hug him tightly, interrupting him from doing his work.

"James I need you" I say with a shaky voice

"Alright, hold on" he says with a concerned face.

He hands a drink to whoever ordered it and takes me outside.

As soon as we're alone I break down, exploding into tears. He pulls me into his arms. I honestly wish he didn't, as it's reminding me of every time Chris did that.

"It's okay" he says, caressing my head.

"Can I sleep at ur place tonight?"

"You know you don't even have to ask...right?"

We go back in and, when the last customer leaves, we close the place and go to James' house. At this point i'm very drunk. Like...2 whole bottles of tequila drunk.

James helps me walk because i'm too tipsy to do it straight. When we enter the apartment, a huge wave of nostalgia hits me. Life was extremely pleasant during the 3 months I lived here. It was so...simple. We'd get up early in the morning, run to the gym, spend an hour and a half there, get back, shower, go to work and come back home at 3:00 AM. Why did I envy more, WHY DID I WANT TO GET THAT BAG.

I wake up the next morning in James' bed half naked. Did we...? Nahh he wouldn't do that to me, he's probably asleep on the couch. I get up to check and he's not. Eum ok. My short trip there made me realize that my legs are unexpectedly sore. I hear water running in the bathroom. It's weird because James only showers at night, post sex and after he comes back from the gym. He never works out on Sundays tho.

I wait for him to come out of the bathroom, and when he finally does, he finds me sitting on his bed.

He's only wearing a towel, showing off his wet structured abs. He's hot but he's like a brother to me, I would never...it's like committing incest.

"Hey beautiful...sooo how are you today" he says

I wish he kept his mouth shut.

"Beautiful? Since when do you call me beautiful" I laugh confused.

"Since last night...oh you don't remember? When I tell you it was the sexiest night in my life...you gotta believe me. If I knew how good you were beforehand I would've-"

I cut him off not wanting to hear the rest.

Wtf wtf wtf

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?! I was blacked out drunk and you took advantage of me" I say extremely disappointed.

"It looked like you were into it yesterday...look, i'm sorry I shouldn't have slept with you while you were drunk...but I couldn't resist." He half apologizes.

I give him a hurt look and get the hell out of his apartment.

I can't believe it. The closest thing I have to a family just took advantage of me. Wow. Look at me. I LOST THE ONLY 2 PEOPLE I LOVE THE MOST IN LESS THAN 24h. Good job Davina.

I walk to the bar and get my car from there. I lose control of my actions for a moment and when I come back to reality i'm standing in front of Chris' door. When he opens it, I look down humiliated.