Chapter 11

Davina's POV

I'm sitting in my spacious living room all dressed up, waiting for Chris to come pick me up. WHERE COULD HE BE?! We're gonna be late to my business dinner. He knows how important this is for me.

I jump up as soon as I hear a car park outside. He's here. I open the door only to find him smiling, a very luxurious looking box in his hand. He grabs my waist, pulling me close to him, and pushes me inside, pressing me against the door, my weight shutting it. This scene is giving me major flashbacks from the night before.

Ouf it's getting really hot in here.

Before I can say a word he connects our lips together. His lips are smooth warm, and softer than ever.

One magical moment later, he opens the box he was holding, revealing a gorgeous diamond necklace. Wow.

"I love it" I say looking at the necklace, and then, looking into his eyes I continue "I love you".

I throw myself in his arms.

Chris' POV

The best feeling on earth is when I have Davina in my arms. I love her so much.

I break the hug and stare deep into her beautiful eyes. They are sparkling, filling me with a burst of joy.

"Chris...you really didn't have to" she says

"Anything for my princess" I respond, smiling, caressing her cheek "turn around"

She does as I say. I pull her hair to the side, unveiling her breathtaking, gracious, neck. I lightly run my fingers across her cold skin, watching every move she makes and every sound she outs. I then proceed to unbox the necklace and place it on her. After I secure it, I wrap my fingers around her neck and approach my lips to her ear

"Soon enough, this will be the only jewelry you'll be allowed to wear around you neck" I whisper in a deep, low toned voice.

I tighten my grip around her for a second or two before releasing her. I press my lips against her neck before backing off and turning her to face me.

As soon as I look at her face my eyes widen. Her eyes are filled in tears and the color drained from her face. I put my hand to her heart and feel it pounding faster than quicksilver. She's terrified. Of me? WHY?!

"Hey princess...are you okay? Did I say anything to make you uncomfortable or did I do something to hurt you?" I ask worriedly.

"I- I can't do this right now i'm sorry" she replies and runs up to her room.

"AND THE BUSINESS DINER?" I shout jokingly, trying to loosen up the tension.

At my words she slams the door.

Shit. Wrong timing.

Davina's POV

"AND THE BUSINESS DINER?" I hear Chris asking from downstairs.

Screw it. I slam the door to my room.

I press my back against it and slide down. I burst out in tears, shaking, wrapping my arms around myself and hitting my head on my knees. When I felt Chris' hand on my throat, I froze. I imagined my late husband coming back from the dead only to choke me. I couldn't control my thoughts nor my reaction. Poor Chris. It's time I tell him.

An hour later, i'm ready to face Chris. I go downstairs hoping he's still here. I find him sitting on the kitchen counter, his head between his hands. I know he's feeling guilty even though he shouldn't. It's all on me and on my stupid past. When he notices my presence, he stands up and pulls me into a hopefully never ending hug.

"I'm sorry Davina" he says

"Don't be. It's on me. You didn't know" I reassure him

"Didn't know what?" He interrogates confused.

I sit him back down and take his hands in mine.

"It's time you know about my whole story" I tell him with a trembling voice.

I tell him about everything. How abusive my husband was, how I planned his murder, and how I inherited all his fortune. By the time I was done, Chris' face was unreadable. I can tell he's angry at the bastard I married for abusing me but at the same time he's disgusted by my actions.

I know that's the end of our relationship. He's too pure to ignore the fact I killed a man.

"Chris please say something your silence is killing me" I beg

"Davina I need time to think straight" he says, for the first time ever not looking into my eyes.

At his words, he gets up and walks towards the exit. I follow him heartbroken.

"Don't worry princess, this is not the end...i'll come back sooner or later" he announces, planting one last kiss on my forehead and walking away.