Chapter 16

Day 1:

We drop our stuff at the hotel we're staying at in Mykonos and, seeing that it's already dark outside, we eat at a traditional restaurant and head to some popular club there to enjoy the nightlife.

I drink one too many cocktails and get WASTEEEEDDDDD. I dance like my life depends on it and share multiple HOT kisses with my beautiful stranger who's planning on staying sober for the night.
It's here I feel it.
I run to the bathroom and vomit everything i've eaten. Chris rushes to the women's restroom and holds my hair for me. Awhhh he's going against the law for me. TRUE LOVE.

"I wanna marry you now" I say in a childish, demanding tone.

He looks into my eyes lovingly and smiles

"We'll see about that when you're done throwing up and when you're not so drunk"

I pout.

"Mean Chris...I DON'T WIKE YOU" I protest

He helps me get up and kisses my cheek

"Well guess what...I wike you which means you're stuck with me" he laughs

"Don't argue with me or i'll throw punches"

"Fine FINE...let's go back to the hotel princess"

Once back to our room he undresses me, removes my makeup and jewelry, unclasps my bra and lays me down on the bed. As he's stepping away from me to achieve his night routine, I grab his hand and bring him close to me. I press my lips against his.

"I'm with you till the end of the line" I assure him, quoting cap and buck.

"I'm with you till the end of the line...now my little Bucky SLEEP you need it" he repeats after me and orders, a caring look on his face.

Day 2:

We wake up early and go get breakfast. I love spending my days with Chris...his company never gets old or boring.

"I'm thinking about inviting my family here...they could join us in Santorini" Chris suggests

"Yeah why not, i'd love that"

"Ok! I love you"

He kisses me

"I love you"

Once we're done we head to the pier. We rented a boat to spend the day on. There's something about being alone in the middle of the sea with Chris that's making the atmosphere feel way hotter than it already is.

As we're laying on the front of the boat tanning, Chris gets on top of me blocking the sun from my body. I take his lips between mine, kiss him for a couple of seconds and then I push him away laughing.
ALL I WANT TO DO RIGHT NOW IS GET A PERFECTLY GOLDEN SKIN. Maybe another time tho.

Day 3:

Chris is still sleeping. I get up, put on some sportswear and go out for a run. After 2 days of eating not so healthy food i'm in a desperate need for exercise.

On my way back, I stop at a coffee shop to get us morning drinks. I enter the place and as soon as I lay my eyes on the barista I freeze. No please no...it can't be.

I stay there, standing like i've just seen a ghost. People are walking past me and staring at me in complete confusion.

GOD I WISH I COULD MOVE BUT MY BODY IS NOT ALLOWING ME TO...I'm literally paralyzed.

My heart is racing, my palms are sweating, my eyes are wide open and my mouth has fallen to the ground.

"Davina?" I hear him say

At his words my heart stops. Not in a good way. His voice is bringing back so many dark memories.

"Gabriel? Hi" I try to reply smiling

"Oh my god it's been so long! How are you?!"

How can he act like he didn't break me? I HATE HIM. I hate the way he made me feel throughout our relationship. I hate the way he made me insecure about myself. I hate how he departed and left me drowning in desperation and depression. I spent one year...ONE YEAR locked up in my room, trying to heal myself...trying to put the pieces back together.

"I'm fine...you know? It took me so much time to actually be fine after you left without even breaking up with me" I attack, my eyes tearing up

"Sorry" he apologizes looking down.

Hah he can't even look me in the eyes. I turn on my heels and stride out. SORRY? That's all he can say?

"DAVINAAA" someone calls me.

It's him. He followed me out.

"What"

"Could we uh...try and make things work between us?" He grabs my hand "I miss you"

His touch gives me chills, making it hard for me to break the physical contact going on. Something inside me still has a soft spot for him. Maybe it's cause we never officially broke up or because I never got closure.

"I don't" I say under my breath, my heart breaking.

He takes me by surprise and presses his lips against mine. I immediately pull away.

"Gabe I have a boyfriend..."

"Cheater...WE'RE TECHNICALLY STILL TOGETHER" he shouts anger all over his face.

"Bitch what? Sorry? Are you in your right mind? When someone leaves you without any explanation...you consider yourself single. Wait so you're telling me you didn't date anyone after me?"

"Imagine. I dated several girls after you. The thing is...YOU'RE the one who's not allowed to date...or have you forgotten the way it used to be?"

"Toxic douchebag" I hiss walking away for good.

"YOU'RE GONNA REGRET REJECTING ME DAVINA...I'm coming for you. If i can't have you NO ONE ELSE CAN"

I open the door to our hotel room shaken. Chris is sitting, waiting for me on the bed, scrolling on his phone.

"Hey princess" he greets me, a huge smile on his face that faded once he looked at me "Dav...are you ok? What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"I saw him...he kissed me, he told me I was a cheater for having a boyfriend while we haven't officially broken up and he threatened me"

"Come here love" he says with a calm voice and pulls me in for a hug.

"Chris...i'm scared. Can we go back to the states today?"

"If you want to...but that's our last day in Mykonos anyway so you won't see him again"

"You know what? You're right. It also would be disrespectful to cancel on your parents after having told them to travel all the way to Greece."