Chap 41 Beignets

With Chef Colette's command, everyone scurrying back to their respected cooking stations. Hugo turns to the newest and shortest member of the group, the wizard VK. "Come on, Emeralds. You heard the Chef, get to your stations." He sends a teasing wink, as the head leads the group to their cooking station. Hadrian just blinks in surprise at the sudden nickname and winks thrown at him.

Olivier seeing the wink rolls his eyes. "Ignore that flirt." Informing the newest member. "I'm Olivier Linguini and that terrible flirt is Hugo of Maldonia."

'Maldonia? Well, that answered one of my deductions. Hadrian mused. "I'm Hadrian, the son of Voldemort." He introduces himself, then he backtracked to the ginger's introduction. "Linguini?" Raising a brow at the tall ginger.

Olivier sheepishly smiles. "Yeah, Chef Colette is my mom." Embarrassed he quickly changes the subject. "Here let me help you put on the apron." Offers to help.

Hadrian nods and hands the apron to the tall ginger, but he smiles in satisfaction that another one of his deductions proved to be true. "Thank you." He politely thanks the ginger.

"No problem." Olivier smiles as he loops the bib over the short wizard's neck and adjusts the length.

The group already stood by their cooking station, Hugo watching the two's interaction and felt a little left out, maybe a bit of jealousy as well. "Let me do the waist!" He jumps in, taking the tie and crosses it around the wizard's back then brought back to the front and tied it together. "There you go, Emeralds."

Hadrian was confused by the sudden intrusion but so let it happen. "Thank you, Hugo?" He thanked the flirty Maldonian.

Hugo winks. "Your Welcome." He sings, he gave a cheeky glance at the tall ginger but Olivier just huffs in irritation.

"Alright Class!" Chef Colette calls out everyone's attention, seeing that all eyes were on her, she slaps the board behind her. "This is the basic recipe that you will be making today, the Beignets! You know how the class goes, follow the recipe if you want passing grades but you want a higher grade, make it or break it, surprise me!" Her eyes sparkle with excitement, her smile shines brightly. "*Commencer!"

Every student moved into motion splitting into two groups, one side heading to gather the ingredients in the pantry corner while the other team heads toward the shelves with different sizes of mixing bowls and necessary equipment.

"Leave the heavy equipment to me." Hugo turns to the shelves. "Emeralds." Getting Hadrian's attention. "You go with Olivier and gather ingredients." He left with a wink directed at the wizard boy.

"Come on, Hadrian." Olivier guides the short wizard to the pantry corner. "This is where all the ingredients we will need for every class." He explains as he gets a basket and hands one to Hadrian while he got two baskets, one for each arm. "Here are the egg section, as you can see there are many different kinds, varying in sizes and colour. If you look at the tag you can see that it's labelled to what kind of bird it's from." He takes a whole carton of chicken eggs and puts them in Hadrian's basket. Olivier continues with the tour of the pantry, as he passes by certain items he grabs them and places them inside their baskets. "Over here we got many kinds of milk from nuts to donkeys. Yes, even donkeys and yes they are safe for human consumption." he babbles on with interesting facts and knowledge about the ingredients or the pantry.