SEASON THREE, ELEVEN

SEASON THREE, CHAPTER ELEVEN
PRODIGAL

SEASON THREE, CHAPTER ELEVENPRODIGAL

_______________________

Snapping out of her trance, Quinn blinked, her eyes shifting back to normal as she was now fully in control of her own actions again.

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she glanced around, the woman confused at why she was sitting in the drivers seat of an unfamiliar parked car, Gar and Rachel sitting in the back seats.

"Quinn?" Rachel broke the momentary silence, her awaiting gaze on Quinn, who had now turned to face both her and Gar.

"Are you...you again?" Gar added with raised eyebrows, Quinn's gaze shifting between them as she responded with a small nod.

Suddenly remembering what was going on, Quinn widened her eyes, the woman hurrying out of the car as she mumbled to herself. "Dick..."

Rachel and Gar shared a quick glance as they followed her out, Quinn breaking into a run as she noticed Dick's lifeless body on the ground just ahead of them. "Dick!"

"Dick, no." Quinn released a shuddered breath as she immediately approached him, the woman falling to her knees as she surveyed his body. "No, no, no, no..."

"You can't be dead, no." Quinn felt her cheeks heat up as her gaze flickered towards his neck, tears stinging her eyes at the sight of a bullet wound on the side of it.

Unable to hold back her tears, Quinn choked out a sob, the woman moving her head down to rest on his chest in an attempt to feel it rise and fall.

Her face paled as she didn't feel anything, tears now freely falling from her eyes as she grabbed his hand and placed two fingers over his wrist in search of his heartbeat.

Once again, nothing.

Moving her fingers to the non-wounded side of his neck, Quinn waited a moment to, once again, feel his heartbeat.

Nothing.

Not wanting to accept that he had died, Quinn interlocked her hands, the woman pushing down on his chest as she tried CPR, her tears falling onto his body as she started the process.

"One, two, three..." Quinn whispered to herself as she continued to cry, the woman moving her head down to hover over his lips to check if he was breathing.

Nothing.

Quinn tried again, the woman losing more and more hope as she failed with each attempt.