SEASON FOUR, TWO

CHAPTER TWO
LEX LUTHOR

CHAPTER TWOLEX LUTHOR

____________________

Quinn cupped her hands around her mouth and supportively cheered from her seat as Rachel bowled another strike. "And she does it again! Go Rach!"

"Wow!" Gar exclaimed, the boy utterly baffled at how Rachel's perfect aim didn't fail her, an elated grin appearing on his face as Rachel happily turned around with a jump and caught his gaze.

"Every time!" Conner defeatedly chimed in as Rachel high-fived Tim, Kory laughing at the teenagers from her position sitting next to Quinn.

"Just talent." Rachel confidently smirked as she jokingly elbowed Gar's hip.

Dick huffed an entertained chuckle as he approached Quinn and Kory, placing three strawberry milkshakes in front of himself and the other two.

Quinn's lips tugged upwards into a small 'thank you' smile as she glanced at Dick, the man sending her a nod and a smirk in response as he sat down in the seat next to hers.

Kory's intent gaze shifted between the two, her happy smile shifting into a teasing smirk as she stood up and made her way towards the teenagers, the woman sending Quinn a subtle wink as she did so.

Quinn huffed a chuckle and shook her head at Kory's behaviour, the woman then shifting her gaze to the team again and taking a sip of her milkshake.

"What's so funny?" Dick turned to glance at her questionably.

Choosing to focus on another thought, Quinn frowned. "Isn't it weird how, in the span of a few days, we've managed to completely change?"

Dick's eyebrows furrowed in brief confusion as he invited her to elaborate. "Completely change?"

"Yeah." Quinn raised her eyebrows as she met his perplexed gaze. "Everyone's so carefree now, which is great, I'm not complaining because we all deserve it. Especially after what we went through, what you went through."

Livening the subject before the conversation got too dark, Quinn softly nudged his shoulder with hers and clarified with a small smirk. "Dying and all..."

"Right. Dying and all." Huffing another chuckle at her words, Dick glanced at the table briefly before meeting her eyes again. "You know, it wasn't all bad."

Quinn's relaxed expression shifted into one of pure bewilderment as she repeated his words. "Dying 'wasn't all bad'? Grayson, did you lose a few braincells in the process?"