SEASON FOUR, NINE

CHAPTER NINE
BROTHER BLOOD — PART ONE

CHAPTER NINEBROTHER BLOOD — PART ONE

____________________

"The thing was enormous." Tim started with wide eyes as he emphasised the word and gestured to the security camera footage of a large snake chasing after himself and Bernard. "It went by the door, and then we lost it on the monitors."

"But we definitely saw it in the north hallway." Bernard quickly added, nodding at Tim as he then let out a shiver and soon faced the Titans. "I'm going to have a lifetime of nightmares now. I would be bathing in that thing's digestive enzymes if it weren't for Tim."

"Thanks for the visual." Gar cringed at the words, Quinn agreeing with a nod as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"I should've tried to kill it." Tim blew out a regretful breath and defeatedly looked away.

Bernard shook his head at Tim in protest. "That would've been a bad idea."

"Or a fatal one." Dick corrected with a brief raise of his eyebrows as he then directed his words to Jinx. "This is magic. We're in Jinx's world now. What's your take on this?"

"Well, a snake is that crazy lady's signature move, right?" Jinx started, her eyebrows raised as she glanced between each member of the team, who nodded at the question.

"Could have been the same snake that killed Lex." Kory suggested.

"Wait a second, how did the snake even get into Star Labs in the first place?" Quinn furrowed her eyebrows as she caught the group's attention.

Gar nodded at the woman as he chimed in. "Yeah, we had every inch of this place covered."

Conner's eyes just guiltily shifted to the ground as he swallowed nervously, no one noticing the action as he quickly regained his composure before they could.

"Doesn't matter now, does it? The point is that it's here." Jinx sardonically scoffed, her accent thick as she continued. "And mummy's gonna use that snake to get what she really wants."

"Which is Sebastian. So, how do we stop this thing?" Dick sighed, shoving his hands in his pockets, the team glancing at Jinx as they awaited her answer.

"Well, I am gonna have to consult the only person capable of handling a snake of this magnitude." Jinx purposely dragged out her answer as she teased the group. "Samuel L. Jackson."

At the joke, Gar let out an amused chortle, the rest of the team shaking their heads in annoyance and looking away.

"Jinx. Focus, please." Kory deadpanned, trying to sound serious, although she let out a small chuckle involuntarily.