SEASON FOUR, ONE

SEASON FOUR, CHAPTER ONE
QUINN'S BIRTHDAY

SEASON FOUR, CHAPTER ONEQUINN'S BIRTHDAY

______________________

Quinn slid open the RV doors as she walked down the stairs and made her way outside.

Gently closing her eyes as she inhaled the fresh air around her, Quinn felt herself become calmer as the faint whistling of the wind between the tree leaves around her soothed her nerves.

As she opened her eyes, her gaze was drawn to Dick, who was sitting on a bench just ahead of the RV, his pensive gaze set on the empty road in front of him.

Quinn crossed her arms over her chest as she slowly approached him, the woman catching his attention as she spoke up, her voice soft. "Hey."

"Hey." Dick responded as his gaze followed Quinn, who sat down next to him as he continued. "I thought you were sleeping."

Quinn raised her eyebrows as she met his gaze. "I thought you were."

Smirking a little, Dick huffed a small chuckle, his gaze briefly shifting to the ground before returning to Quinn as he responded. "I guess I'm a little restless."

His eyes lingered on her for a moment before he added, the smirk remaining on his lips as he did so. "Your turn."

Quinn scoffed, humour lacing her tone as she replied, her gaze shifting to the view in front of her. "Apparently an hour's worth of sleep is enough for me."

"That's too bad." Dick inhaled a sharp breath through his teeth out of sympathy, Quinn releasing a quiet chuckle as a brief silence soon fell between the pair, Dick's eyes remaining focused on Quinn, taking in every detail as if he had never seen her face coated by the calming glow of the moonlight before.

Quinn could feel Dick's gaze on her, the woman not returning it, as she distracted herself from the thought of making prolonged eye-contact with her ex.

The two sat there for a moment in a comfortable silence, both of them slowly getting lost in their own thoughts as they wordlessly enjoyed each other's company.

Breaking the rare tranquility that fell between them, Dick spoke up quietly. "Barb and I broke up."

Quinn's eyebrows slightly raised. Turning to face him at the words, she briefly hesitated before speaking up, her tone full of surprise. "You did?"

Dick nodded, his gaze shifting to the ground as he answered. "She, uh...she wanted to stay in Gotham."

"Oh." Quinn simply spoke, her voice barely audible.