SEASON FOUR, SIX

CHAPTER SIX
JINX

____________________

Quinn furrowed her eyebrows as she pulled her jacket tighter around her body, her mind constantly replaying the events that occurred hours ago.

That kind of magic, she had never seen before. Let alone, what that woman did to her, completely winding and almost paralysing her.

Snapping her out of her overwhelming thoughts, Dick cleared his throat, catching her attention as she glanced up at him. "Can't sleep, huh?"

Clicking her tongue, Quinn slowly shook her head, glancing at the ground as she answered. "Nope."

"Me neither." Dick blew out a breath as he accompanied her on the bench, sitting beside her.

"I can't stop thinking about what happened—what that energy was." Quinn furrowed her eyebrows as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Dick nodded, feeling the same.

Blowing out an exhausted breath, Quinn rested her head against his shoulder and slightly leaned into him, Dick raising his eyebrows as he glanced down at the woman from his position, hesitating for a moment before wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather fight Deathstroke again."

Huffing a chuckle at her words, Dick slowly nodded, glancing ahead again. "Back when times were much simpler."

"Yep." Quinn firmly agreed.

"I see you two can't sleep, either." A familiar voice interrupted the two, Quinn raising her head from Dick's shoulder and Dick removing his hand from her shoulder, as Quinn sent a small smile towards Kory.

Patting the free spot on the seat to the other side of her, Quinn chimed in. "Join the club, Kor."

Kory huffed a small chuckle as she sat down next to Quinn, her smile soon fading as she spoke up. "Whoever that was really did a number on us."

"Especially you, are you okay?" Dick furrowed his eyebrows at Kory, concerned for her.

Kory inhaled and exhaled a small breath, nodding as she glanced at the two. "I'm okay now. It was just...shocking at the time."

"Yeah, of course." Quinn nodded in understanding.

As a brief moment passed between the group, Dick's gaze ahead, and Quinn and Kory glancing at each other, Kory grinned, her eyes flickering between the pair beside her as she had practically felt the tension for months.