✿♡─╮ 𝐃𝐈𝐋𝐔𝐂 𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐑

01:13 ───────0────────── 02:36

ν ο ℓ υ м є : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯▯▯▯▯▯

↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

✿♡──────────────♡✿

Diluc has been working himself to the brim, and it's starting to show. He's more clumsy than usual, there were bags under his eyes, and Adeline kept finding him asleep at his desk. He was trying to manage his business while also going out at night and fighting off hilichurls and abyss mages. Y/N always tried to get him to stop overworking himself, but all he did was deny that he was stressed out.

Y/N came home later than usual. They hung their coat over the coat rack and slid off their shoes when they entered, then went straight to bed. When they entered their shared bedroom with Diluc, they noticed that he wasn't there. With a sigh, Y/N left the room and went over to their husband's office.

"Diluc?" Y/N said, knocking on the door. They heard a faint grunt before quiet footsteps trailed over to the door. Diluc opened it with his head down as he stared at the floor below him. His hair was let down, unlike the ponytail that his hair was usually kept in, and he was wearing more casual clothes. "Diluc, you have to get some sleep," Y/N stated as they reached out to his hand. He lifted his head up slightly, looking down at the shorter figure.

"Just... wait a moment, I'm almost finished with my work," he muttered, then he turned around to go back to his desk. However, Y/N stopped him.

"Come on, you can finish it in the morning," they replied, staring up at him with pleading eyes. He sighed and gave in, letting Y/N lead him down the hall to their bedroom.

Y/N sat down on the bed next to Diluc, who still had his head hung. They handled his chin softly, lifting it up and looking into his eyes. They almost got lost in his red orbs for a moment, before he blinked and looked at them with a confused expression. Y/N laughed a bit and looked away, which made Diluc chuckle a bit.

"Diluc, you're overworking yourself," Y/N said softly when they turned back to Diluc.

"No I am not."

"Yes, yes you are."

"I refuse to believe in such foolish statements."

"Diluc..."

Y/N looked at him sternly. He sighed and pulled them into a hug. They stayed silent for a while, both silently pleading that the warmth they currently shared could last forever.

"Fine... I have been working very hard-"

"-Overworking yourself, you mean."

Diluc chuckled and separated from Y/N, looking back into their E/C orbs. He then broke eye contact and looked down at the bed.

"...I'm tired," he muttered.

Y/N laughed quietly and replied, "Let's go to sleep then."

✿♡──────────────♡✿

𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬, 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬.

-492 words