✿♡─╮ 𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈 (1)

01:13 ───────0────────── 02:36

ν ο ℓ υ м є : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯▯▯▯▯▯

↺ |◁   II   ▷|   ♡

𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

(Slight manga spoilers+scenes from the manga/fem reader)

✿♡──────────────♡✿

I sat on the Barbatos statue, munching on an apple and staring out upon the city of Mondstadt.

I wonder when everything will calm down a bit, I thought to myself. Well, I suppose everything is calm. Just... too calm. I sighed.

The streets were dead, not a soul was to be seen. To think it was only a few days away from the Windblume festival. No, to think the Lawrences could put so much pressure and fear in their people that nobody would dare step foot outside their homes.

Suddenly, I saw a person running around. A short green fellow who carried a lyre. He must not be from around here.

I jumped down from the statue, using my Anemo vision to break my fall. I landed in front of him.

"Ooh, nice moves!" He exclaimed. I looked down at him with curiosity. "What brings you to these parts?"

He shrugged, "Curiosity, perhaps. Anyway, may I have the pleasure of knowing your name?"

"My name is Y/N. What's yours?" I replied. He strummed his lyre dramatically and exclaimed, "I am Venti the Bard, the greatest bard in all of Mond!"

"...Greatest bard of Mond? Never heard of that one," I muttered to myself. "Oh, well, kids can dream I guess."

"I'm not a kid!" Venti said in protest. I hummed in doubt, tossing an apple down to him.

"Oh, thank you, Y/N!" He caught the apple with a grin.

"Mhm. Just... let me tell you something; not everyone here is as nice as me," I replied hesitantly. "Oh?" He tilted his head slightly. "Why?"

"The Lawrences who rule Mondstadt just... They're horrible, honestly," I explained. He nodded, "That is quite unfortunate."

✿♡─╮𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

I sat up in the hands of the Barbatos statue, watching the festivities from above.

I don't enjoy taking part. I don't think I'll ever take part, especially if it meant the Lawrences took all the prizes.