✿❥─╮𝐊𝐀𝐄𝐘𝐀 𝐀𝐋𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐇

01:13 ───────0────────── 02:36

ν ο ℓ υ м є : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯▯▯▯▯▯

↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐭, 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐀𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

✿♡──────────────♡✿

You were hunting with Paimon (which was a horrible idea), and you let her lead the way (which was also a horrible idea), and she lead both of you straight into a hilichurl camp.

You had no idea what a hilichurl was, so your first thought was to run. So, you turn around, getting ready to run, but you accidentally walked right into something.
You stumbled backwards a bit, just barely being able to stop yourself from falling. Looking up at what it was you bumped into, you saw a tall man with blue hair and an eyepatch over his left eye.

"Uh-" you began awkwardly, but before you could finish your sentence, a hilichurl crept up behind you and attempted to hit you. You responded fast, turning around and kicking the club out of it's hand, then you killed it. The blue haired man was almost impressed, nonetheless he still assisted you in killing the rest of the hilichurls.
When you finished them off, he glanced back at you.

"Hm, I've never seen you before. Such outlandish clothing... are you a traveller?" He asked. You nodded and awkwardly fiddled with your sword.

"This is Y/N, and my name is Paimon! We're looking for, uhh, a city called Mondstadt! Do you know where that is?" Paimon said, floating back over to your side.

The blue haired man chuckled, "Of course I know where Mondstadt is."

You sheathed your sword and asked, "Can you take us there?"

He sheathed his sword as well. "Sure, although... I'd need to confirm that you have no ill intentions towards the city of Mond," he replied, walking closer to you. He leaned down, observing you closely with a small smirk on his face.

"What are you... doing?" You asked, shying away from him a bit.

"Just making sure you don't have any lethal weapons. Other than that sword..." he replied. Though you could've sworn he was checking you out.

After a few moments of silence, the blue haired man spoke up. "Well, my name is Kaeya, Calvary Captain of the Knights of Favonius. Pleased to make your acquaintance. Anyway... I suppose I could take you to Mondstadt."

"Oh, thank you!" You replied.

And so, you followed Kaeya to the city of Mondstadt. On the way there, he told you a few things about the city, like how it was known as the city of freedom and that the Anemo God, Barbatos ruled over it. In his own way, of course.

"Now this is the Angel's Share. The best tavern in Mondstadt, if you ask me," Kaeya remarked when you came across the building.

"Do... you drink?" You asked. He looked at you with a smirk. You already knew his answer.

"Why, of course. I especially like the Death After Noon drink that my brother sells here. Hm, though I do wish he would stop picking up a knife whenever I ask for it."

Paimon looked at him, confused and shocked. "Your brother? A knife?!"

He merely chuckled and led you in, sitting down at the bar. Behind the bar was a man with long red hair that was kept in a low ponytail. He was cleaning out one of the cups with a piece of cloth, that is, before Kaeya interrupted his peace.

"Why hello, Master Diluc. How are things going in the tavern today?" He asked with a hint of mischief in his voice.

He looked up from the glass, shooting him a glare. Then he turned to you.

"Who are you? I don't think I've seen you around."

You looked at him nervously, and you were about to respond, but then Kaeya interrupted. "Spare them the attitude, Diluc."

He shot him another glare before turning away, continuing to clean the glass he held in his hand.

"Is that..."

"Yes, that is indeed my brother."

"...But you look nothing like him."

Kaeya shrugged. "We're not related by blood."

"Yeah well, your brother or not, he seems pretty grumpy!" Paimon yelled and crossed her arms.

You laughed a bit at Paimon's sudden outburst. You then suggested that they should leave, since the red head was quite close to loosing his composure. Kaeya shot one last cheeky remark at him before leaving with you.

"So... where am I going to be sleeping tonight?" You asked, looking up at the sky that was getting darker.

"Hm... well, I suppose you could stay at my house for the time being," Kaeya replied.

You nodded and thanked him. He led you to his house. It was on the edge of the city, and decent in size. It was also quite cozy. You immediately felt at-home with your surroundings. Mondstadt in general was a cozy place, in your opinion.

"Well, I have two beds. Though one of them isn't set up at the moment," Kaeya informed.

You nodded and replied, "I can set it up. Do you have spare bed sheets and blankets?"

He nodded and passed you some from a closet.

...And then you and Paimon got into a pillow fight while setting up the bed.

Kaeya just watched, leaning up against the door frame.

Hmm. I wonder how long it'll take for her to fall for me...

✿♡──────────────♡✿

-897 words