✿♡─╮𝐃𝐈𝐋𝐔𝐂

01:13 ───────0────────── 02:36

ν ο ℓ υ м є : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯▯▯▯▯▯

↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

✿♡──────────────♡✿

"Why must I go to the dance?" I asked, glancing over at my father who stood leaned against the doorframe.

"Surely you want a chance at a hand with the young master of the Ragnvindr manor, don't you?" My friend asked from beside me, putting their hand on my shoulder. A friendly smile spread across their face, accompanied by their happy eyes.

I sighed, "No, not really. I've never even met the guy."

My friend looked at me, unimpressed. "Seriously? He's the Diluc Ragnvindr."

I shrugged, "Just because he's the Diluc Ragnvinr doesn't mean it's impossible for him to be a total asshole."

My friend smiled and playfully shoved me. "Come on, have some faith."

"Alright, fine," I said as I playfully shoved them back. They laughed and gave me two thumbs up and turned me to face my father.

"I'll go to the dance," I said finally. He smiled and replied, "Good," then walked away and closed the door.

"Wow, what a personality," I joked. My friend laughed a bit, then they turned around to dig through my drawers.

"Huh- what are you doing?" I asked, walking over to her. I stared at myself in the mirror for a moment, realizing I wasn't even near ready. However, the dance was in two hours, so I had some time to spare. It would likely only take about thirty minutes to get ready.

They pulled out a dress (or suit). A long dress that once belonged to my mother (or father) when she/he was my age. They handed it to me. I slowly unfolded it and held it up, staring at it, taking in all it's beauty.

"With this one, you're sure to win Master Diluc's heart," they said. I shook my head. "Maybe I'll win a glance. Though I can't deny it's beauty..."

Later that night, the dance began. Naturally, I started off the dance switching from person to person, not knowing who any of them were. Of course; just a bunch of rich people. That's pretty much all it was. A dance to mark young master Diluc's birthday. It happened every year, and every year I declined the invite.

All of the sudden, when we switched dance partners, I ended up with the man of the house himself.

I stared up at him, looking straight into his eyes. That's all I really noticed in the moment, until I broke eye contact and awkwardly turned away. I felt his warm hand against my own, the other securing me tightly on my waist.