✿♡─╮ 𝐘𝐀𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐊𝐎

- credits to @-zerotabi1210 on twitter

01:13 ───────0────────── 02:36

ν ο ℓ υ м є : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯▯▯▯▯▯

↺ |◁   II   ▷|   ♡

𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

✿♡──────────────♡✿

Yae Miko was an independent lady; everyone knew that. She would never, ever fall in love. After all, why would an independent woman need love? Well...

Y/N L/N; a helper around the shrine. No, they did not work at the shrine, though they did help out. Most of the time they would help run errands with Miko. They enjoyed helping out whenever and wherever they could, so the Grand Narukami Shrine was not the only thing they helped out with. But Miko liked to think that she was receiving special treatment.

"Miss Yae Miko? Is there anything you need help with today?" You asked as you walked up to her.

You stood at the foot of the steps, while Miko was standing in front of the Sacred Sakura.

"Hmm, well, I suppose I would like help with a certain something..." she replied, turning around and looking down at you.

"What is it?" You asked eagerly. Miko chuckled at your eagerness to help.

"I have a... request, if you will," she said, stepping down to stand next to you.

She pat your head a bit and said, "Relax for a while, Y/N. You spend your days constantly running around running errands for other people. Why don't you take a day for yourself?"

You stared up at her confused. "What would I do?"

Miko pondered for a moment before replying, "Take a stroll through the city?"

"...But being alone is boring," you pointed out. You moved around a bit, unable to sit still for any longer. Even though you were very much an adult, you still never let go of some childish habits of yours.

"I can go with you," Miko quickly replied. You looked at her questioningly, wondering why she responded so quickly, but you shrugged it off.

"But don't you have more important things to do in the shrine?" You asked. She shook her head, grabbing your hand and leading you out of the shrine.

"You really don't have to do this!" You protested. She shook her head yet again.

"Y/N, you need time for yourself."

You sighed and gave up. Yae Miko was not very easy to resist.

You ended up taking a stroll with her around town, trying out various foods and looking at various objects. You bought a small trinket- well, technically Miko bought it for you. Actually, Miko insisted on being the only one to spend any Mora.

After your long trip, you went back up to the Grand Narukami Shrine with Miko.

"Y/N, there is something I've been holding off for a long time."

You stopped walking up the stairs, turning around to face her. "Oh? What is it?"

She closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath before saying, "Y/N- I like you."

Your eyes widened, then you laughed and hugged her.

"I mean-"

"I know what you mean," you said, beaming up at the taller woman. Miko mentally sighed, wrapping her arms around you as well.

You pulled away, but before you could start running up the stairs again, Miko grabbed your hand and leaned down to kiss your cheek. Your whole face went red, which made her laugh at you. But nonetheless, you held her hand and walked side-by-side up to the Grand Narukami Shrine.

✿♡──────────────♡✿

-569 words