[15] - Intervention

[One Week Later]

Joel's POV

"What the hell is this?" I asked. "An intervention Joel, an intervention" Said Chris. "Why? For what?" I asked.

"Erick" Said Rich. "I'm not talking about Erick" I said getting up out of my chair. "Sit down" Said Chris pushing me back in the chair. "I don't want to talk about Erick" I said. "So just listen" Said Chris.

"We know what happened, what really happened" Said Richard. "You didn't push him away for any reason but the fact that you're scared" he said. "You're scared to try to be in a committed relationship and you're scared to let somebody in" he said. "That's not even a little true" I said.

"Joel there's no point in denying it" Said Chris. "You really do like him so you ran away" he said. "And what makes you think that?" I asked. "Joel, it's us. We know you and everything you've been through" Said Rich. "And the reason you're afraid to let Erick in and open up to him is because of your parents" He said.

"You know what? NO. I am NOT talking about my parents nor will I listen to you talk about them" I said getting up once more. "Sit" Said Richard pushing me in the chair.

"They abandoned you when you needed them most and now you're afraid Erick is going to do the same thing but that's where you're wrong. He actually cares about you Joel and he'd never leave you, especially not when you need him most" Said Richard.

"WELL GUESS WHAT. THEY ARE MY PARENTS SO IF ANYBODY IS SUPPOSED TO STICK BY MY SIDE, IT'S THEM AND THEY CHOSE TO LEAVE SO HOW AM I EVER SUPPSED TO TRUST ANYBODY EVER AGAIN IF I CAN'T EVEN TRUST THE PEOPLE WHO BROUGHT ME INTO THIS WORLD HUH?!?" I said. "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THAT NOBODY'S GOING TO HURT ME THE WAY THEY DID HUH?!?" I said.

"YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT MY PROBLEM IS? WHY I STOPPED TALKING TO ERICK?? BECAUSE I LOVE HIM AND THAT IS THE WORST POSSIBLE THING I COULD EVER DO" I said.

"EVERYBODY I LOVE WALKS OUT OF MY LIFE SO I WAS DOING MYSELF A FAVOR BY LETTING HIM GO" I said.

"Joel..." Said Chris. "We love you. Richard and I love you and we've been here since the very beginning and we're not going anywhere" He said. "Yeah as much as you annoy us or you do stupid things, we're never going to leave you. EVER. You're stuck with us" Said Rich.

"And don't you see all the mistakes you've made with Erick and how you've hurt him yet somehow he still comes back every single time?" He said. "That's love" Said Chris.

"And here we are again, you made yet another mistake. You pushed him away instead of telling him how you were really feeling" Said Chris. "And something tells me he's still not going to give up on you so you can't give up on him" He said.

"I already have" I said getting up and walking up the stairs.

Chris's POV

"That wasn't supposed to happen" I said. "Now what?" I asked. "Unfortunately, there's only one thing we can do" He said. "And what's that?" I asked. "If Joel won't tell Erick the truth, then we'll have to" He said.

"NO. NOPE. NOT HAPPENING" I said. "Chris stop being scared of Joel. We'll be fine" he said. "After Joel realizes that we saved his relationship, he'll be too happy to be mad at us for telling Erick and he'll forgive us" He said.

"One question" I said. "What?" He said. "And uh... WHAT IF HE DOESN'T?!" I asked. "WHAT IF THAT MAKES HIM EVEN MORE MAD?!" I said.

"Okay Chris, either we're doing this, or we're doing this so put on your big girl pants and let's go" He said dragging me out the door.