[17] - How it All Began

Erick's POV

"Maybe this isn't such a good idea" He said. "Confronting him?" I asked. "I HAVE TO because when we got into a fight about Joel the FIRST time he told me he meant nothing to him and he really just wanted to be my friend" I said. "BUT THEN HE TOLD YOU, that the first three months of our friendship was fake" I said.

"Wait a minute" I said stopping in my tracks.

"Why would he tell you that?" I asked. "ARE YOU LYING TO ME?! YOU BETTER NOT BE LYING TO ME" I said. "Please don't kill me" He said.

"Why on earth would I lie to you about that knowing that you would go and confront him about it?!" he said. "He told me because he thought I hated you so he assumed his secret was safe with me" he said. "But I wasn't going to let you go on being friends with a liar so I came to tell you the truth" He said. "You're lucky I believe you" I said continuing to walk.

"Oh look, there he is" I said smiling at Jax. "WAIT, before you go over there, don't do anything Joel would do" He said. "...Are you telling me not to beat him up...?" I asked. "I'm not THAT violent, relax" I said.

"Hey Zabdi" I said hugging him. "Hey why are you so happy?" He asked. "Oh no" said Jax. "Zabdiel run!!" He whispered. "Why would I run?" he laughed. "And since when are you two friends again?" He asked. "Us being friends is the least of your worries right now" I said.

"So um I have a quick question" I said. "And what might that be?" He asked. "Are you in love with Joel or something?" I asked. "What??" He asked. "Because faking an entire friendship because you wanted to KEEP ME AWAY FROM HIM IS A LOT TO DO FOR SOMEONE YOU HAVE NO FEELINGS FOR" I said. "What are you talking about?" He asked.

"DON'T PLAY DUMB, JAX TOLD ME WHAT YOU SAID" I said. "Its not bad that he told me IT'S BAD THAT YOU DIDN'T TELL ME" I said. "If you would've simply TOLD ME that you and Joel were a thing the second you came up to me that day, I would've stayed away from him" I said. "Why? BECUASE FRIENDSHIP IS MORE IMPORTANT TO ME THAN SOME STUPID BOY" I said. "BUT YOU OBVIOUSLY THINK OTHERWISE" I said.

"CONSIDER THIS THE END OF OUR FRIENDSHIP, FOR REAL THIS TIME AND NOT JOEL OR ANYBODY ELSE IN THIS WORLD CAN CONVINCE ME TO EVEN THINK ABOUT FORGIVING YOU" I said. "WE'RE DONE FOR GOOD" I said.

"And in case you didn't know, everything you went through was POINTLESS. Not only did he not end up with you, but he also DIDN'T and up with me HE ENDED WITH SAMANTHA SO IF YOU STILL WANT HIM BACK THAT'S THE PERSON YOU SHOULD PRETEND TO BE FRIENDS WITH" I said.

"Unfortunately for both you and Samantha, neither of you will ever be able to live up to me so have fun trying to make him fall in love with you" I said. "Bye" I said.

~

"Now it's just you and me" I said. "I have no boyfriend and no best friend" I said. "YAY" I said.

"Can I ask you something?" He said. "Sure" I said. "How did you meet Joel because you guys are so different. You're so calm and nice and quiet and he's just not. He's the worst person I've ever met. He's rude, dangerous, and just an all around terrible person" He said. "Wow you really don't like him" I said. "But if you really want to know I'll tell you later because it's not a very short story" I said.

"Come to my house after school and I'll tell you everything" I said. "Woah, you want me to come over... Are you taking our relationship to the next step already??" He said.

"...On second thought, I don't need any friends" I said starting to walk away. "No no I'm kidding, I'm kidding" He said. "I feel like you weren't but I'll go with it" I said.