fifty-five | could never really know

IT WAS UNFORTUNATE that they lost Kiara in the drive back from the church

IT WAS UNFORTUNATE that they lost Kiara in the drive back from the church. When Shoupe pulled them over, they knew exactly what it would be for. It meant that she would have to face the consequences of stealing her dad's truck and then the truck becoming totaled from Pope's reckless driving. As much as she hated that they had to go on without her, she knew that they had to. They didn't have time to waste or else they might not have their chance to get the cross back.

That's why they were pulled up to Sarah's house. Rafe had been the last one that was with the cross, so they had to start somewhere. Their heads were barely over the wall as they tried to remain hidden to see what Rafe would do.

"How much you wanna bet Rafe has the cross inside that truck right now?" Pope said.

"There's only one way to find out," Sarah said. Pope, JJ, and Carson stayed where they were to let John B and Sarah have their moment to discuss their own personal problems before Sarah risked herself going into the house.

"I really hope you guys never break up," Pope commented.

"Aw, thanks, Pope," Carson said.

"Only 'cause I don't feel like having to listen to that between you two," he said, referring to the conversation that John B and Sarah were having.

"Just for that, you're getting demoted to flower girl at our wedding," Carson said sarcastically.

"We're getting married?" JJ asked.

"Obviously, I'm pregnant, remember?" she joked.

"News to me," he said.

"Well, it might not be yours, so," she said.

"Awkward," Pope said. John B walked over and looked at them.

"What're you talking about?" he asked.

"Car's pregnancy," Pope said in a completely serious tone as if it were not a joke. John B whipped his head over to her in shock.

"What?"

"Nothing, it was a joke. I'm not actually pregnant, chill," she said.

"The thought of a tiny version of JJ and Carson is actually pretty terrifying, if I'm being completely honest," Pope continued. JJ just laughed while Carson rolled her eyes.

"Can we please focus?" Carson said as she leaned against the wall to watch Sarah.

"Carson telling Pope to focus? That's a first," John B said.

"Shut up," she said. They all laughed and leaned up against the wall with her. Sarah tried looking in the truck for the keys but when she was unable to find them, she looked over at them and whisper-yelled that she didn't know what to do but that she was going to have to go inside.

"You said don't go in the house," JJ said.

"I told her," John B said.

"Do the bird call!" Pope said. John B put his hands up to his mouth and began to do a horrible imitation of a bird. "What? That's not what a bird sounds like."