twenty | losing control

"SO THEY KEEP MONEY OUT HERE?" Pope asked suspiciously

     "SO THEY KEEP MONEY OUT HERE?" Pope asked suspiciously. The drive to the warehouse was not what any of them expected. It was filled with abandoned buildings and woods. It was a strange place to keep a warehouse full of money. Then again, maybe that was the point.

"That's what she said," JJ said. He laughed a little as he realized what he said. "That's what she said."

"Stop."

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive," Sarah said.

"That's 'cause you're rich," JJ reminded her.

"You've never heard of it either," Kiara said. 

"Thank you."

"There's nothing but weeds back here," Kiara noted. Carson sighed as she looked out the window. It had taken them so long to find the gold and now that they had it, they couldn't even get money for it. If they couldn't sell one chunk of it, how were they going to sell the rest of it?

"Alright, just 'cause it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's, like..." JJ faded out, not really sure where he was going with his point. He didn't even get to finish his sentence though because the sound of a cop siren behind them stopped him. 

"Cops? Out here?" Kiara said. 

"God! Are you kidding me?" JJ screamed.

"What did we do?" Sarah said.

"This is bullshit," Carson said. It was like one obstacle after the other. The universe really didn't want to make this easy on them.

"Why are we getting pulled over?" Pope questioned.

"Stash that," John B said, referring to their gold. The last thing they needed was a cop catching sight of the gold and wondering where they got it. Or worse, trying to take it from them.

"I hate cops," JJ grumbled as he began wrapping it into a small piece of blue cloth. 

"Did you bring the gun?" John B asked. 

"No. Everybody told me to leave it back at the place," JJ said.

"Thank God," Kiara said before she realized all the other contraband that JJ had in his bag. "How much weed do you have on you, bro?"

"John B," Carson said. She had been the first one to notice the man in the mask with the gun pointed at him. It was definitely not a cop, which meant they were more screwed than they had originally thought. 

"Why don't I just go ahead and see them hands up in the air right now?" the man said. "All y'all's hands up in the air now!" They all threw their hands into the air, none of them wanting to get shot, even if it was over the amount of gold they had in their possession. "You, out of the car! Let's go!"

"John B," Carson said.

"Shut up," the guy grunted.

"Carson, I'll be fine," John B assured her as he slowly stepped out.