seventy-six | find a way

THE DAYS always felt much longer than 24 hours when they were constantly dealing with new stressors and things that never seemed to go their way

THE DAYS always felt much longer than 24 hours when they were constantly dealing with new stressors and things that never seemed to go their way. It's why JJ and Carson ended up passing out on John B's couch after breaking the news to Pope about the cross.

"Hey, Car, wake up," JJ said quietly. His hand was rested on the back of her head, his fingers weaved into her hair, as she laid fully on top of him like he was the couch for her.

"I don't wanna get up," she groaned. "I'm comfortable."

"I know, but John B's back," he said. He leaned forward and pressed a quick kiss to her forehead in an attempt to get her up. A small smile formed on her lips out of instinct before she sighed and pushed herself off of him. They strolled tiredly outside to meet John B. "Well, look who it is. Nice of you to show up." Even through exhaustion, Carson could see the disheartened look on John B's face.

"What's wrong?" she asked. "What happened?"

"Yeah, you gonna tell us the truth about what's going on?" JJ said.

"Look, I know I've been a little shady," John B admitted. "And... stretched the truth a little bit."

"Yeah, that's called lying," JJ snapped in annoyance.

"JJ," Carson said. She wasn't too happy with John B either but that wasn't the way to get him to open up to them.

"John B, what's going on?" JJ said, calming his tone down a bit after Carson's reprimanding.

"My dad killed two guys," John B confessed.

"What?" Carson asked in disbelief. She was still half asleep that she wasn't even sure she heard him correctly.

"He was trying to protect me," he said.

"No, no, no. Hold on, okay? You serious?" JJ said.

"Yes," John B said. "It was the guys from the Coastal Venture. They came here looking for Denmark's diary."

"And your dad capped them for that?"

"Yes, and then Singh showed up. And they took my dad, and then they tried to kill me. They took him to South America, alright?" he told them.

"Whoa, South America?"

"I wish I stayed asleep," Carson said to herself.

"Yes, they're on their way to South America," John B said.

"Okay, hold on," JJ said to try to calm him down.

"Then what? Then they're gonna off him? I don't know what to do!"

"John B, stop!" JJ screamed, considering the more relaxed approach was not going to work. "Just breathe for a second."

"No one's going to kill you or your dad," Carson said, though she didn't even sound too convincing to herself. At this point it was totally plausible and that was what worried her the most. She wasn't sure exactly how to comfort John B when she couldn't even comfort herself.