5 || the rebel

might lack comments because of redo!

Damnit, he just slammed someone's head into a wall, and that someone happened to be Dex's siblings friend—just great. Keefe stared at her like a dumbass, Dex's siblings friend was a rebel. He pinched his arm, yep, still their friend. The rebellion was worse than he thought, they were using children to spread their vicious ways.

"Get off of me, you big arse!" She screamed, startling the crap out of him.

Keefe was still smashing her into the wall, so close to her that he felt her vibrate with anger. Despite all of that he was pulled to her, he just stared at her. She had high cheekbones, a heart shaped face, and silky skin. He didn't realize, but he was touching her face, and she kept biting air--trying to take out his fingers.

She was truly drawing worthy.

"Do not bloody touch me!" She screeched like a banshee. He was just staring, until his brain finally caught onto what his eyes were seeing, "You're a the triplets friend?" Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"Friend? That is really a loose term, more like acquaintances—who, you know, I just visit so often and know their parents by name." She mocked, he believed if she could use her hands she would have done a hair flip. "How's your broken face goin'?"

"Probably as fine as the back of your head," He said, tugging on her long braid, pulling her head back.

Tears swelled and an apology immediately surfaced, but something wet hit his face. Keefe thought she'd spit on him, but it was worse. One of her hands managed to get free, she was a hydrokinetic. She splashed sewer water in his face, "Do you know who I am and how much trouble you are in now?"

"A big jerk and a real traitor's son?" She said with a horrible fake smile. He didn't respond to the jab, no matter how much he wanted to. He quickly shoved an ability restrictor around her arm cuff.

Then it was as if she lost all feeling. Her face went cold and any emotion vanished like it was never there. She had this bored mask, if he wasn't right in front of her and was visually seeing her breath, he would have believed she turned to stone. A liar. Stars, not even Marella could manage a mask as perfect as her's.

"Here's two things I know, you don't want to kill me and you don't want to hurt me. I am very vulnerable right now, why don't you take a shot to kill me? You also pulled your punches, the only time you lost control was when you slammed my head into the wall. Also thank you for the bloody concussion." The girl—Kerys, if she wasn't lying, which she probably was—paused, looking him in the eyes. She was shorter than him, by a lot, but she still managed to look down at him.

"I'd bet my father's prized possession that you don't want to kill me. So, your threats?" She smiled, "They mean absolute shit."

This girl was interesting, so unlike the girls he knew. "Everybody fears something, you sure death doesn't frighten you? What if I accidentally, oh I don't know, gave you to my scary ogre body guard?" Nothing changed in her appearance.

"Pain, undiluted pain for hours on end." Her face was just as impassive as it was before, though he thought he felt something spike in her pulse, but it went back to normal and her emotions were the same. So it had to be nothing.

"A loved one tortured or killed?" Blank as ever, a light smile could have even crossed her face.

Most people would have caved, and she was a kid.