Linden trauma and story yayyy

My tribe and I were gathered around looking around frantically and gathering our belongings together. The wind was really strong and rain was starting to come down like crazy. Sumeru almost never had rainstorms so we weren't experts on how to deal with these situations but we were trying our best. "Mommy, why does everyone look so anxious?" I asked my mom with a worried tone. "A bad rainstorm is coming so we're trying to pick our stuff up as fast as we can so we can find better shelter." My mom replied and squeezed my hand gently to comfort me. "Oh.. okay."

The wind started to get worse and the rain was picking up more. There were sticks, debris, and rocks swirling around in the wind. My hair was getting stuck to my face and I kept getting hit by flying stuff. The rain was really hard to the point where it kinda hurt. But I wasn't worried about these things. I can't find my mom. "Mommy?? Mommy!!" I cried out loudly and hoped for an answer. The other people were with me and were trying to get me to safety but I didn't want to go without my mom. "Let go of me!" I wriggled out of their grasp and ran off. Where is my mom? What if she's hurt??? The wind was harsh and kept blowing me back but I had to keep moving.

I can't stand it anymore. Are rainstorms usually like this? I'm lost. I can't find my tribe. I'm scared and cold and alone. "Hello?!?" I yelled weakly, my voice hoarse because I'm exhausted from running. "Is anyone there!?!!" I yelled once again. I felt anxiety build up inside me once I realized I'm lost and in a dangerous situation. I felt tears prick the corners of my eye. I want my mom to come here and hug me but I don't know where she is. "Hello!!?" I yelled out one last time and I heard a faint echo in the distance. Those were my people!!

I ran and ran toward the voice. I've found them. I'm safe. Everything is going to be okay. Then I saw a river right in front of me. The water in it was rushing with all of the rain and rocks were swishing violently in it. I tried to stop. I couldn't stop running. My legs were moving on their own. I slipped and fell right into the river and heard people cry out. "Linden!" A voice shrieked. I jerked my head over and my mom was running to me. "Mommy!" I screamed in fear. Water kept covering my head and trying to drag me under. I'm scared. My mom reached my hand to me. I tried to grab her hand but I couldn't reach it. "Mommy, help!" I cried and tried to swim to her but the water was too strong. I heard screams fill my ears as my people watched me get taken away by the river. I'm gonna die! I'm gonna drown! Please someone save me I'm scared I don't want to die. I frantically tried to keep my head above the water but when I raised my head up I crashed it against a rock that was hurdling towards me. My vision went black.

--

I woke up on a beach, the sun blinding my vision. I sat up and blinked twice. Where.. am I? Where am I..? WHERE AM I?!?! I have no idea where I am. I've never seen this area in Sumeru before.. AM I STILL EVEN IN SUMERU?? I started to hyperventilate and looked at the ocean where I came from. "Somebody.... Help me. I want to go home.." I started to cry. Where is my family? I looked at my vision, tears falling on to it. This is the only thing I have that reminds me of my home.. I got it from planting and raising 50 trees all by myself. My hand clenched onto my vision tighter as I got more emotional. I put it back where it was. "I need to find someone and ask them for help." I mumbled to myself. I wiped my tears away and looked at the land ahead of me. Guess I should start walking.

I haven't found anyone yet. Are there no people here..? I held my stomach as it growled. I'm hungry. I haven't eaten in.. how long? I don't remember. "Food..." I picked up a slimy substance. It was red and hot to the touch. "Ouch!" I yelped and let go of it. That wasn't food. I scavenged around more to see if I could find anything to eat. "Is this food?" I grabbed a crab I found shuffling around on the ground. I grabbed a stick and crushed the crab's head with it so I could eat it. "I've never eaten crab before." I said and took a bite of it's arm. It's not that bad but it would be better if it were cooked. I threw it away from me and continued looking. I didn't realize how far I walked from where my original spot was because now I don't know where I am and it's kinda scary looking here. My stomach growled again. My eye winced as my hunger grew.  My tribe would usually feed me whenever I'm hungry but.... I'm not... Nevermind.

I picked up a sharp stick. "I could use this to stab animals for food." I muttered to myself and I examined the sharp parts. I heard walking then looked at where it was coming from. That must be an animal! I ran over to it as fast as I could and plunged my stick into whatever was there without looking at what it was. Something grabbed onto my stick before I could hit it and pulled it out of my hands. "Eh?" I squeaked and looked at what it was. oopS IT WAS A PERSON UH. "AH! I-I'm sorry!" I backed off and stepped back. The person stepped back as well and dropped the stick, "Ah!! Wh-wh- wha- you- SORRY!!" They said. Their expression was almost panicked as they crouched down to grab the stick again. "I-i-im sorry! I must've scared you! N-not only that b-b-but I tooo your stick!! So sorry!" They handed the stick back to me frantically. It was a girl. I took the stick, "O-oh um... No you shouldn't be saying sorry. Calm down." I replied.

The girl had white hair with a red streak in it and she had a couple scars. A person!! "Oh yeah! Hey, um, wh.. where am I?" I asked the female. She looked at me with slightly parted lips. "You're in Windrise. Are you lost?" She crouched down to my level, making me feel short smh. I felt tears well up in my eyes as I remembered what happened. I explained everything to her. "And... And now I can't find my way back!" My voice cracked as the water works began. Tears streamed down my cheeks and I covered my face. The girl hugged me and rubbed my back. "Hey now.. You're going to be fine. I'll help you find your way back home." She said reassuring. She was very gentle and warm. "Where are you from?" She asked. "S.. Sumeru." I whispered, tears still falling down my face. The girl paused for a moment, "Sumeru, huh? That's far away.. I'll try my best to help you get back to your family." She pulled away from the hug and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"What's your name?" She asked me, "Linden." I replied. "What a pretty name." She laughed lightly. "Thank you!" I smiled, "What's yours?" I asked. "I'm Luphina." She answered, "as you can see, I don't get out a lot." She pointed to her pale skin. "Then where did you get those scars from?" "Oh.. uh... Haha, nothing."

--

I never found my way back and now I'm stuck with Luphina and her stinky dog bf ;(.