Chapter 16

"Well, that was a close one..." Dot exclaimed, coming out from her hiding spot, then rushed to her brother's other side then helped me to carrying him, by our shoulders as our hands gripped his sides firmly, to steady him to not let him flop back onto the floor, Yakko's body dragged behind us. Wakko too, came out of his hiding spot, and helped carry his brother's feet to lift them up while we tried settling Yakko into the tub filled with hot, warm, water.   

"What do we do, now, Red?" Wakko asked, as he tried blow-drying his hands, and his blue jacket, after soaking his slumped brother into the tub, shrugging my shoulders in hopelessness. Whilst, Dot just stood right next to the bathtub watching her brother's body, helplessly, gliding in the water. 

"At least color went back to his face, he looks fine now, I guess!"

"Yes, but we still don't know if he is hurting bad from within his body. We can only hope now." I said.

We all looked at Yakko with sad, teary, black eyes, hoping he would be okay and not just die, right there, and then. Just seeing Yakko's black and whit body, helplessly floating in calmness, peace and quiet was really unlike him and creepy since he wouldn't know when to shut his mouth. It was only a few days to weeks, with him and yet that wasn't enough to know him. I then cried in desperation, now thinking this was all my fault and if only it wasn't for Yakko being determined to go with me, then I would have lived my struggling life, alone, without them. Or I would never have been in this mess of accidentally killing an innocent person. He wasn't moving anytime yet, but hopefully he would. 

"I do not know, Wakko and Dot...maybe sit around if the virus has subsided?" I said, trying to comfort him so that he wouldn't panic so much. 

"Oh...I see..." Wakko said, as his words trailed off not knowing what to say, pulling nervously at his blue jacket putting up his hoody, cuddling himself within his jumper silently worrying for his brother. 

"Hopefully, he would heal..." I said looking down at my hands scared for my life, thinking it over and over in my head that, what if I did the wrong thing, putting this situation into my hands? What if I killed him. I thought something was going to happen after three minutes but it didn't come through. 

"Red, why are you crying?" Wakko asked me, sadly turning his head towards me once he then heard my stifled sobs, as his red cap almost sliding off because he was jerking his head this way and back, but caught it by his black paw and put it back to its place. It has been a long time since I saw his cute tongue, dangling at the side of his mouth, but it was gone and was replaced by a sad look, in his face. 

"Oh, what if I killed him or something! I haven't tested it yet but there wasn't any time for that!" I said in dismay. 

"Red, you did your best to heal him and helping him like this is rarely seen in anyone we have ever met...well, except we could've just brought him to the hospital but seeing him like this, in your hands we trust you. Alright?" Dot replied comfortingly. 

"Why do you trust me fully?" I asked, "I don't even have a single Bachelors or something, to hep him right away!" I replied, shaking my head furiously condemning myself, with tears flowing out of me like a waterfall that was about to make a minor pool below where I sat. My fur all ruffled in frustration, worried about Yakko already. As I clutched my ears by my paws pulling at them thinking what else could I do to heal Yakko back to life. 

"Well, you tried your best...and that's what matters right now, Red. Besides! His color returned, you saw it too." Dot smiled at me as her flower clip was swaying by the toss and turn of her dog like ears, going back and forth, while Wakko played with the water sifting his index finger on top of the surface of the water. I chuckled at Dot's minor comment but then looked back at Yakko's still form in the tub, but a still peace came over me, that at least I did my best to help Yakko and his siblings, or should I say this family. Dot said truth and she was definitely right, so I smiled.