Chapter 17

"Hey guys, and good morning Yakko!" I cheered, already finished packing up my things, as soon as I woke the next morning, to get ready for another boat ride back to Burbank, California.

I reached the breakfast table, my tail swishing in excitement, and got milk and cereal, then ate my meal. Sitting around me, was Wakko, Yakko and Dot eating soundly, their breakfast.

"How's sleep doing for ya'll?" I asked with food in my mouth. Dot was the only one with a disgusted look shaking her head.

"Ew, Red...swallow, then talk!" Dot said rebuking me as I then chuckled.

"Well, that's one way to start talking, Dot." I said, this time with nothing in my mouth. Yakko and Wakko, both laughed playfully but not as robust as last time. It concerned me. Normally they would get up and show me gags and stuff but today they were well mannered for the first time.

"Hey, boys, you both alright?" I asked leaning my head to one side, while holding my spoon, getting ready to put another chunk in.

"We're good, Red, why you ask?" Yakko asked.

"Normally, you both would go around, annoying me and stuff." I said smiling softly. This time, Wakko and Yakko both dropped their facade and revealed they were still sad.

"I'm still sorry for what I did, last night. I don't know what got into me." Yakko replied.

"I keep telling him it's not his fault! He won't listen!" Wakko said pointing an accusing finger at Yakko, dramatically.

"I know that, Wakko!" Dot said enraged now. Seems that he's been saying that repeatedly even before I woke up.

"Yakko, it's alright...I'm not hurt, okay?" I said trying to console him to drop his apologies. This time I stood up from my seat and walked up to him, the bent down to hug him. Yakko went red all over, but I didn't notice any of that. But this close contact made him cry, this time of joy, that I forgave him.

"Shh, it's alright, Yakko..." I said softly, stroking his back gently to calm him down.

"Thank you, Red," Yakko said softly when his crying finally subsided. I smiled at him then took my plates and the plates of the rest to wash them, while the others just cleaned the tables.

"By the way toots, you look gorgeous!" Yakko said in his ever rakish self. While I washed the dishes, I discretely blushed but didn't want to let him and the others see it. Wakko and Dot just sighed at the both of us.

"Ha, take a picture...it'll last longer." I smirked while rolling my eyes, getting back at him, as he then in turn, got red, diverting his gaze to the things he was doing.

I sighed happy it didn't get to me that much, today. Though, I know I would have to tell him one day but he has to admit it to me first, then I'll tell him. No matter. I am always waiting.

"Alright guys, time for us to depart!" I announced. And we all got to it.

Today, I wore a flowing, orange skirt, wore black pants and a red shirt, having an archery logo, then wore a black Cape, with a hoodie...to make myself look more epic. Yakko wore his normal orange slacks, Dot wore her usual, pink flower and pink skirt, and Wakko wore his normal blue jacket and brown slacks, along with his signature, red cap.

"Wow, the best outfits to get back to Burbank," I said happily and they all blushed, drowning in flattery.

"Aw, shucks!" Dot exclaimed smiling, "You look amazingly, mysterious!"

"Wow, I know right!" I said.

We are now on our way to get to the docks, with luggage on hand, at the same time, asking for directions again. Finally, we got the right directions, from a nice lad, who showed us where to, actually, go through. We took a few left and right turns, until we stumbled across a subway station. We looked up at a sign, that would tell us where the train was headed. This train was headed, straightway towards, Burbank. But it was going to take a week to get there.