Chapter 20

Once we reached Burbank in just a few short hours, we finally reached our destination, that the train slowed to a chug then finally hissed to a stop near the chosen station.

I looked out the window and finally, the snow had cleared and the sun slightly showed itself a bit. There was just enough warmth that the birds got out and chirped to their own songs. I could finally smile with joy that I am not anymore cooped up in a stuffy train ride.

I then told the others, that we are finally, here already, and so we grabbed all our luggage and bags then waved goodbye to our friends who got out of the train to go their separate ways. Just as soon as we said our 'Goodbyes', the woman we helped was so happy and enthralled to see her dog again, that she kissed him...on his lips...dog's lips...SPEW!

"Ugh, the people you meet at public transportation!" Dot responded disgustingly, that I laughed. 

We then spotted an ice cream shop, nearby. Bugs Bunny was there again, but this time Lola Bunny was there with him and both started to whisper to each other, while looking at me, mostly. I frowned at this, not knowing what was going on, because he would usually be happy to see me, but he didn't greet me. I then knew that I had a bad feeling about this. The Warners and I then walked up to them, to order my ice cream.

"Hey guys, may I have a chocolate mint, ice cream?" I said with a forced smile and not trying to blow this mask. 

"Of course, hun, 25 cents," Lola said softly with a smile but a hint of sadness and pity, was there as she did the change. Sad about what? 

"Hey, Bugs what's the talk of the town, ey? What'd I miss?" Yakko asked, casually, Bugs the grey and white, furry rabbit who was still munching on his carrot stick. 

"Sorry, Doc, but I can't. It would be all bad news, I'm afraid," Bugs replied sighing, giving Yakko his ice cream and the rest of the Warners and the chocolate mint one, to me. I took it and started eating it delighted but the way this conversation was going, wasn't something to be happy about.

"Ha! Try me, I'm not afraid of some paper. What harm would it do me, anyway?" Yakko replied casually not knowing the weight of his words. Bugs and Lola looked at each other, now visibly saddened by something eating them up. 

"It's about Red, Yakko..." Lola said, and at the name, we all froze. 

"Uuuhhh...you know what, I take what I said, back..." Yakko said sadly who grabbed my hand instinctively. But of course, I blushed at the sudden care from Yakko.  

"What's going to happen, to her?" Wakko asked Bugs, worrying. 

"Everyone now knows she's back to the Warner Movie Lot, and they are going to be the ones who are going to be the judge of that." Bugs said. 

"Who's they?" I asked them. 

"Ya know, the usual three. Hello Nurse, Dr. Scratchnsniff and Plotz, along with Ralph, I suppose." Lola replied, then out of nowhere, Scratchnsniff came by and parked his blue car near the ice cream store and spotted us. Lola gasped at this, then looked at us worriedly, with her baby blue eyes. 

"You guys must run away right now, they are wanting to separate you all from Red to put her to jail or something. Now, go to a safe place!" Lola urged. 

"Yeah, we'll hold them off!" Bugs said frowning yet bravely when he bent down to get something from underneath the counter and came back up with a new-looking crowbar.

"Alright, guys let's go!" I told the Warner kids, "To the Water tower!" I announced with determination.

We let go of all our baggage and left them there at the ice cream shop of Bugs and Lola Bunny's, as we then started sprinting towards the way to the Water Tower, but the chase was on. Bugs and Lola ran up to the blue car to smash the windows, that Dr. Scratchy got out of his car and tried to shoo them away but they kept at it. Lola kicked the side window where he used to be and Scratchy growled at them for wrecking his car.