𝟹𝟸. 𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙶𝚁𝙴𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚂

𝚃𝚘: 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙳𝙴𝚁𝚂
𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖: 𝙿𝟻𝟷𝟹𝟾𝟸𝟻𝙷
𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎: 𝟶𝟿𝟶𝟼𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟷

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾: 𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙶𝚁𝙴𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚂

━━━━━━

You entered a room and looked around. The living room was well organized and it was pleasing to the eyes. You wished you could live here but you knew you couldn't.

Suddenly, you heard noises coming from the distance. A baby chimpanzee started running towards you in delight. You crouched down and opened your arms, hugging Baby Pogo. "Hello there, buddy." You greeted with a warm smile. "How are you, hm?"

"(Y/n)?"

You looked up to see Grace coming out from the kitchen. "Oh, God. I thought you ran away and I would never see you again." She didn't hesitate to hug you causing your eyes to widen. "Where were you? Reggie and I were worried, young lady."

You pulled away from the hug and furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. "Reginald? Worried? That's unlikely."

"Do you mean I'm incapable of worrying?"

You looked behind Grace and saw Sir Reginald Hargreeves standing by the hallway. "I assume you went missing because you were following them?"

Grace looked at Reginald confusingly. "Followin'? Who were the people that (Y/n) was followin'?"

"The people who broke into my building and let Pogo lose, of course," Reginald answered calmly. "That's why I asked you to take care of Pogo for a while."

You set Baby Pogo down and he roamed around the room. Grace turned to you. "Did you find them?"

You nodded. "They won't be bothering you three again, I promise."

"Too late," Reginald announced. "I have invited them this evening for a light supper."

You blinked in surprise as you tried to process what he just said. "Okay, hold on, they pursued you and hunt you down only to invite them over to a small dinner?"

"Yes." Reginald simply replied. "Is there something wrong about it?"

You shook your head. "No."

"Good. Now, I want you to join us tonight." Reginald picked his things up and pecked Grace's side of the head. As Reginald left, you sat down at Grace's couch and sighed heavily.

Grace sat down beside you. "Did you really found them?"

"Yes."

"Is that the only reason why you disappeared? Or were you looking for your family?"

You quickly turned to Grace and stared at her in disbelief. "What makes you think that I was looking for a family? No, no. What makes you think that I need a family?"

Grace sighed and placed her hands above yours. "I know that look, (Y/n). I know we just spent a few times together but I know the look of someone yearning for a family. Don't you have one?"

You looked down and shook your head. "I had one. They're all dead."

Grace gasped and a frown was plastered on her face. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, it's just..." You noticed Baby Pogo slowly coming to you and rubbed his head to your arm. You smiled and patted his head. "I'm scared. Every time I ever have or feel like I have a family, I would lose them."