𝟹𝟺. 𝙽𝚄𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴'𝚂 𝙰𝙼𝙱𝚄𝚂𝙷

𝚃𝚘: 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙳𝙴𝚁𝚂
𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖: 𝙿𝟻𝟷𝟹𝟾𝟸𝟻𝙷
𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎: 𝟶𝟿𝟷𝟹𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟷

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁: 𝙽𝚄𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴'𝚂 𝙰𝙼𝙱𝚄𝚂𝙷

━━━━━━

You spotted Reginald leaving the elevator so you walked beside him and guided him to the door. "The light supper went really well."

"I couldn't believe it." Reginald huffed as he shook his head. "Why would I even adopt and raise those unprofessional and unsophisticated children?"

You shrugged. "I don't know. We all know how much you hate children but you decided to have seven of them. It's quite peculiar, isn't it?"

"If I'm to adopt at least seven children, I may as well find better ones who will be well-mannered."

"Hargreeves." You stopped in your tracks and faced the old man before he could enter the car. "You chose Five and his siblings because you know they're something special. And can you really blame them? You raised them to train and be some sort of weapons to save the city and the world."

Reginald stared at you as you continued talking. "And now, you must help them stop the apocalypse. Help them get back to their timeline."

"Unfortunately, I couldn't," Reginald answered. "The old man in the kid's body wasn't satisfied with my words."

"That's because—wait, what do you mean?" Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "You mean to tell me that you can't help Five? Then what the hell did he just told me about—"

Realization hit you quickly like a bullet train causing your eyes to widen. "He's going to look for another way to get back to 2019."

"He did say something about me being his last sane option. He stated that he didn't want to make a deal with someone."

"He did, huh?" You looked away from Reginald as you stared in the distance. "I'm going to pay someone a visit."

Before Reginald could stop you, you used your powers to fly away quickly. Grace got out of the car and stared at the sky. "Where is she off to?"

"She didn't say anything." Reginald looked back to Grace. "Come on."

Grace looked unsurely to Reginald before nodding and going back to the car with him.

°•○●○•°

Five traveled back in 1982 to complete his new mission: to kill the Board of Directors. Five found the building and got inside, looking around. He saw a lady near the desk. "Excuse me."

"Uff da." The lady gasped. "You snuck up on me there. If you're looking for the cookies, we don't put 'em out till 3:00."

"I can hardly wait." Five said as he pretended to be enthusiastic. "Uh, do you happen to know where the Midwest Soybean Society is meeting?"

"Sure do. Muskellunge Banquet Room." The lady pointed in the direction where the meeting was. "You looking for your mother? She in for the convention?"

Five ignored the question when he spotted a vending machine just near where the meeting is. "Hey, could I get some change?" Five took out his money and gave it to the lady. "Oh, sure, I'll just look in my purse. Only a nickel and a couple of dimes. Oh! You. Are. In. Luck. Mister!"

The lady gave the change to Five and he took it with a chuckle. "You know, some say the best luck is to die at the right time."

The lady's smile disappeared when she became disturbed by his choice of words. Five walked away and approached the vending machine, glancing at his change. He inserted the coins and pressed some buttons to buy his selected chocolate: the Fudge Nutter.