𝟺𝟸. 𝙶𝙾𝙾𝙳𝙱𝚈𝙴 𝙷𝙴𝙻𝙻𝙷𝙾𝙻𝙴

𝚃𝚘: 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙳𝙴𝚁𝚂
𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖: 𝙿𝟻𝟷𝟹𝟾𝟸𝟻𝙷
𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎: 𝟷𝟸𝟷𝟶𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟹

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾: 𝙶𝙾𝙾𝙳𝙱𝚈𝙴 𝙷𝙴𝙻𝙻𝙷𝙾𝙻𝙴

━━━━━━

Being an assassin involves more than just waiting on a rooftop or in a tower to take out a target and then go home to celebrate a job well done with a drink. It was an undercover operation as well. There are situations when being close to the goal is necessary to complete the task. That was not something you particularly liked. Perhaps because blood might be difficult to remove at times, particularly if you come to love the clothes you were wearing on a mission.

But that was no longer the case. You despise your job these days in general. You wanted to leave the Commission, but you detested having to go back to work there. You've made it out, but A.J. had to bring you back so you wouldn't have to deal with the worse outcomes. Even if you are grateful for the gesture, you would much rather die than kill anyone else.

As you were killing your target, some of his blood managed to splash into your face, so you wiped it off. Having to complete your assignment while remaining trapped in your teenage body was a little more difficult. Today, though, was simpler because the target was not only an abomination to the timeline, but he was also an abomination to children. You stomped your heels squarely at the target's skull after gazing coldly at his lifeless corpse. "That's for trying to mess up the timeline."

Stomp. "That's for being a piece of shit."

Another stomp. "That's for ruining your victims' lives."

And you managed to squash his head in anger. "And that's for trying to touch me, motherfucker!"

Feeling content with what you had accomplished, you exhaled deeply. Despite your statement that you detested killing people, you wouldn't hesitate to take the lives of those who deserved it. You simply hated killing innocent people who, by making a single, thoughtless decision or action, altered the course of events.

"Bad day?"

You turned around to see Jesse chilling and leaning against the wall while crossing their arms. You huffed and glared back at the corpse underneath you. "Not anymore."

Jesse, more commonly known in the Commission as 'Jess', has been assigned to be your partner until your service to the Commission expires. Similar to you and Five, they were also stuck in their teen body. However, they got it when one of their missions went wrong. It was a weird and complicated story to share, and you still had no luck understanding their backstory. You are aware only of the fact that everything took place under the Handler's tyrannical rule while she was on Commission.

"He looks like a squashed pumpkin," Jesse commented as they stared down at the corpse below you.

"Dave the Squashed Pumpkin." You stifled a laugh. "I like that."

"More like Dave the Squashed Human."

"Dave the Squashed Son of a Bitch."

"Now that's much better."

You leaned against the wall and panted, still glaring at the corpse under you. "Great, now I have to throw this dress away." You grumbled before pushing yourself from the wall and walking away with Jesse following behind. Jesse handed you their coat, and you mumbled a small "thank you" in return.

"Handled a few jerks like him before," Jesse stated as they caught up to you. "If I have no guns, I chop off their limbs, and when they're still alive, I taunt them by showing their arms and legs."