Hmm, Well Shit

Ichigo hasn't seen Menoly and Loly in a while. Last he heard, they were in charge of sacrificing the números. Must be fun being Aizen's aides. They look tired from fighting off the invasion, and their bodies are littered with cuts. Ichigo doesn't want to hurt them.

"I can't have you stopping me, Menoly. Take your sister and run," the ginger tells the more reasonable sister.

"I-I'm sorry, Kurosaki-sama, but I have orders from Lord Aizen to keep the prisoners here," she stutters.

"You and I both know you won't win. Please, I don't want to hurt you."

"I can't disobey."

"You heard her! Shut up and fight us!" Loly shouts.

Ichigo sighs. "I'm giving you one last chance. Run. Or - hey, I'll even get you out of here myself. Come with us, and I can protect you from Aizen. He won't be able to hurt you anymore."

"Lord Aizen would never hurt us!" Loly snaps.

"Then why is he sacrificing his Arrancar?" Ichigo tilts his head. He slowly appraoches, watching Menoly's conflicted expression. Menoly was always the more human sister. Loly, however, just seems to get more angry. "Loly, why is he sending you to your death?"

"He would never!"

"Stop lying to yourself! See, Menoly understands. Why don't you?"

The pale sister turns to the tan one. "Menoly?"

Menoly gives Ichigo a look. Finally, she lowers her zanpakuto. Her body slouches, and her head hangs in shame. She's on the verge of tears.

"He's right," Menoly whispers.

"What did you say!" Loly shouts.

"He's right!" She screams. "Kurosaki-sama is right! He's always been right! Aizen is a bad man! He's just another Shinigami here to put an end to the Hollows."

"You don't mean that. Lord Aizen gave us purpose!"

"Our purpose is to die! To die for a man who's more hollow than his Arrancar army."

The sisters stare at each other in anguish. Loly starts to cry, her zanpakuto clattering to the floor. Menoly drops her own zanpakuto to engulf her sister in a hug.

"Wha-what are we going to do? We can't run, we'll die. We can't stay, we'll die. At least with Lord Aizen, our death has purpose," the pale sister reasons.

"No it wouldn't. Our death would only have pride."

"Then what are we going to do?"

"Come with me," Ichigo offers.

The sisters look up at him. He got a lot closer while they were talking, yet he still gives them enough space.

"But the Shinigami will kill us."

"No they won't."

"How do you know that?" Loly demands.

"Because you helped me rescue prisoners of war."

The pair glimpse past Ichigo at the four waiting adults. They're bloody and beaten and ready to get the hell out of the dungeon. Menoly gazes up at the Cero Espada.

"We'll come with you, Kurosaki-sama."

The sisters lead Ichigo and the jackass adults through the fortress of Las Noches to where they last saw Nel. They apparently knew that Nel and Ichigo have a specific relationship that none of the other Espada have with each other.

"Oh, what could that mean?" Kisuke teases as they shunpo.

"Nel and I trust," the ginger replies bluntly, trying to ignore the looks he's getting from the ex-captain and his childhood friend.