Epilogue

Ichigo really doesn't want to do this. He really doesn't want to go. The Soul Society is not a place for a person like him. He's decided long ago that he'd never go back. The decision was made shortly after he married Rukia.

There was a lot of tension between Hell's Heir and the head captain. He never left Ichigo alone about the final fight with Aizen. Ichigo chalks it up to him not wanting to remember his rather painful death, but the truth is, he doesn't trust what Yamamoto will do with his answers. Especially for the fact that his death was not even a little painful, and he only died because of Hogyoku.

Rukia stands beside him in her battle armor. Her long sleeved dress is snug on her torso, yet loose on her legs. There's a slit for better movement, and her steel plated boots are high heeled and reach her knees. Her shoulder pads are made of steel and leather, the securing strap crossing her chest. Even though she is now Hell's Princess, she still wears a Kuchiki scarf. Not that Ichigo can complain. She looks good. He only wishes he could see her wedding ring through her fingerless leather, knuckle plated gloves.

Masaki wears something of a similar fashion. The two biggest differences are, one, her belt is merely for fashion while Rukia's is to hold her zanpakuto. And two, Rukia's crown is of modest size, silver, and elegant. Masaki's crown is rather large and made of gold and hellfire. Rukia wears the colors of her clan while Masaki parades around in Hell's colors, strutting about like a living flame.

Ichigo almost feels insignificant compared to them. Their presence is loud and captivating. They command and lead with their respective cold and heat. If anything, he feels proud to be beside such powerful individuals. There is no one else he would rather rule a realm with than them.

His wife studies him with her big girlish eyes. Those eyes that drive him crazy. She looks him up and down in his uniform as they wait for the dimensional portal to be finished setting up.

"What?" He asks.

"You look good."

A surprised laugh escapes him. What is she, psychic? He was just thinking the same of her. One of the servants sends a look before opening the portal to the Soul Society.

"Not too bad yourself."

He did like his new armor. He loved his Espada uniform a lot more than the Shinigami shihakusho. There was something about getting to wear his own individual armor. Of course, his wears Hell's colors of gold and red, but he also has black and white. A contribution to his zanpakuto spirits.

His European tunic and trousers fit nicely, yet not snug. His armor consists of chainmail, shoulder padding, gauntlets, and belts. His boots are much like the women's, steel toed and leather. However, his outfit is more like his mother's than his wife's. His crown is large and trimmed with black fur to match his large fur cloak. The gold is woven into the likeness of fire and its decorated in large rubies and small flames.

He feels good, least to say.

"Save the flirting for the bedroom," Masaki teases.

Rukia turns bright red and Ichigo stares in horror at his mother.

"Mom," he gawks.

"Oh, come on. I'm just having a bit of fun while I still can."

That brings a bit of somber to the air. Ichigo sighs, reminding himself of how he got into this mess in the first place.

* * *

Ichigo and Rukia spent their honeymoon in the World of the Living for a heavenly week. It was amazing. They didn't see another entity the entire time. It was just them and Hell's private island. Waking up to Rukia's angelic face was the best part.