Really, Not Now

Ichigo's eyes open with purpose - pure, untampered purpose. He is going to the Soul Society today, and he plans to make a scene of it. He's going to get into a fight with his dad, and leave making him think he's never coming back. Call him what you want, he's pissed.

First things first; text Ryuuken. He doesn't want anyone hearing his conversation. He tells the good doctor that he needs to figure things out before they can launch their agreement. The text goes unread, but he's not worried. The guy does have a job; he'll eventually see the text when he's on his smoke break.

It's Friday - a school day. So naturally, when he goes downstairs in jeans and a long sleeve, everyone pauses. He's got a backpack with some clothes because he hates Soul Society's clothes. He grabs an apple from the kitchen for breakfast, and is ten steps away from leaving.

"Nii-chan, what are you doing?" Yuzu asks. "Don't you have school?"

"I'm skipping," he states as he pulls on his boots. He's got some Nikes in his bag for the training.

"Again?" Karin frowns.

"Yup."

"Why?"

"Just know, if I don't come back, blame Dad." And he leaves.

Now, that's not the kind of scene he wanted, and he didn't want to do that to his sisters, but it still had the same effect. Isshin wasn't there like he was hoping, but he's still going to lose his mind. Ichigo practically skips to the shoten in a venomously giddy fashion. He runs into Inoue and Rukia on the way there.

"I don't think I've ever seen you like this," Rukia comments.

"I like it," Inoue laughs lightly.

You say that now, he thinks.

"Oh, I did a thing this morning, and it put me in a really good mood," he confesses.

"A thing? What thing?" Rukia asks.

"A bad thing."

"Ichigo," she warns.

"I'll tell you later, but just know, it's about to go down."

They get to the shoten soon after. The pocket dimension is the usual with the ridiculous looking portal set up for their travel.

"Ichigo," Kisuke says with mock surprise. "Whoever knew you were going to join us?"

"You," he deadpans.

"Silly, Kurosaki. Anyhow, the Dangai is waiting for you-"

Tessai had come up while Kisuke was talking. The large man mumbles in a soft voice, and holds out a house phone to him. Kisuke is genuinely confused, yet takes the phone anyway.

Ichigo turns to the girls. "It's about to go down."

They share unsure looks.

"Whoa, whoa, calm down. What's wrong?"Kisuke furrows his eyebrows. "What are you - yes... Yes, I know... Are you sure?" A short pause later and he's offering the phone to Ichigo. "It's for you."

He's taking too much pleasure in this. He takes the phone, and immediately puts it on speaker. "Moshi moshi."

"Ichigo, where the hell are you? I came inside for a cup of coffee, and your sisters were having a fit, saying you were running away. What's going on? Come home now."

"Now, why would I do that?" He hums.

"This isn't the time for games."

"Oh, I see. So you play me like a game, treat me like a joke, ignore me like a skeleton in your closet - but god forbid I have a little fun."