Chapter 3

Heyo! Hope you're liking the story so far...another week has gone by for Jane and Edmond. I wonder what they'll be up to today...
Happy reading!

------------------------------------------------------------

Another week had gone by and Jane was at the courtyard gate once more. With her mask on, she opened it and entered.

There he was sprawled on the bench with his hands leaning on the back of the bench on either side of his head. His head was facing upwards, eyes closed, wearing a pair of jeans and a t shirt just like she was.

She tip toed quietly to him and looked at him. Whatever she could see of his face looked so peaceful and handsome as the sunlight gleamed off his face. He was smiling slightly completely oblivious to her presence. She could stare at him all day.

But she had to get back at him for trying to stamp her the last time. So instead she bent down near his ear and screamed.

"Aaaaaaaaaaghhh"

He jerked up, eyes wide open , "aaaaahh aaaaahh aaaaahh what what happened??" He screamed

She burst into laughter.

He heaved a sigh oh relief before scowling at her. "I hate you."

She laughed evilly. "Now we're even"

"Uh huh" he replied. "Don't worry soon we won't be. You might wanna be on the look out."

"Oh, game on cowboy!" She laughed.

He simply stuck out his tongue at her.

"Very mature" She rolled her eyes at him. "You're early today." She commented.

"Oh yeah" he beamed. "I have some exciting news."

"Really? Do tell." She said, interested as she sat down beside him.

"So at work? For the longest time there was an issue with our purchase orders taking way longer to get placed than our customers were willing to wait.."

"Uh..."

"What happened?"

"Aren't you scared of saying something that might make me guess who you are?"

"Don't worry, I think I know my way around that by now. I'm not going into specifics."

"Oh okay that's cool then. Continue."

"Okay. So....I managed to figure out the kinks in the process and was able to design a simple software that can take care of them and reduce the process time from 20 days to a week!"

"Damn! That's nicee. That's brilliant!!"

"Thanks" he smiled broadly.

"How did you figure it out?"

"Well to be honest I got so tired of all the complaints we've been receiving from the customers and all our employees telling me that nothing can be done about it that I sat down with the whole thing myself. And four weeks later....there you have it" he laughed.

"That's really impressive!"

"Oh yeah. This improved efficiency is going to be able to bring in billions more. All my superiors just thought of me as the pretty boy in the office. But I proved them wrong!"

"Coool! I'm so prou-...." She started excitedly before pausing and adding awkwardly, "I mean...not that I'm related to you or anything...."

"Yeah. Thank God for that." He laughed.

"Wait? Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why would you not want me to be related to you? Why did you say that?"