Chapter 4

Heyo! Glad to see you all liking the story so far. Thank you so much for all the votes and comments. Here's chapter 4. Happy reading! ❤️😁

-------------------------------------------------------------

She was running as quickly as she could. She had decided to run some errands before meeting Edmond and somehow they had taken longer than she had anticipated.

She opened the gate to the courtyard panting as she entered.

"Hey, there you are! What took you so long?" Edmond called out from the bench at the centre of the courtyard.

"So--orry...out...running....err--errands" she said as she caught her breath with her hands on her knees.

"Alright. Alright. Relax. Want some water?" He asked as he got up from his seat and offered her a bottle.

"Thanks" she heaved as she took the bottle from him and drank from it greedily.

Once she was done she handed the bottle back to him. "Thanks" she said again.

"Sure. It's fine if you're late. You don't have to run."

She nodded. "I'll keep that in mind next time" she chuckled.

"Are you okay or do you want to sit for some time?"

"Sit for some time?" She asked. "What else are we going to do?"

"Oh, I bought movie tickets." He grinned as he waved the tickets in his hand.

"Really?" She asked excitedly as she made to grab the tickets from his hand.

He immediately raised his hands up so they were out of her reach.

"Hey! Why'd you do that?"

"I honestly don't know" he laughed. "Reflex, I guess?"

"Okayy. Now showw mee!"

"Ask me nicely" he taunted.

She stuck her tongue out at him.

"Now that's very rude." He mockingly reprimanded. "I don't feel like showing them to you now." He shrugged as he placed the tickets into the pocket of his t-shirt.

She pouted, "Aw okay."

"Can you atleast tell me which movie?"

"Shang Chi"

"Wow!!" She exclaimed. "I've been wanting to see that movie but never thought I'd have the time."

"Yeah? I wasn't sure which movie to pick but then I thought, you can't really go wrong with Marvel."

"Yeah" she replied casually before moving swiftly towards him to get the tickets out of his pocket.

He however, having excellent reflexes swerved to the side causing her to meet thin air and loosing her balance.

"Aaahh!"

He instinctively wrapped his arm around her waist to keep her from falling, causing her to crash into his chest. She put her hand out to stop the fall which incidentally landed on his chest too.

"Sorry" she mumbled her heart beat unbelievably fast. But she noticed her's wasn't the only one.

Could she just be imagining it?

"Careful...Jane" He said softly. His playful energy had surprisingly left him.

"Yeah...um..I guess you have good reflexes." She chuckled awkwardly.