Chapter 12

Hey you guys! I know I usually just publish 1-2 chapters a day but I think today warrants 3 because we're quite close to the end...and also because I'm getting tired of hurting Jane and Edmond and you guys a little everyday. Lol😂

But thank you so much once again for taking this journey with me. You guys are the best!

Happy reading!😁❤️
--------------------------------------------------------------

He walked steadily and then stopped right in front of her sofa waiting for her to look up.

It took a few moments but then she did. She frowned before she finally spoke up. "Can I help you, sir?"

Her voice. Her voice. His mind started to lose control. Oh it had been so long. But she was finally right in front of him. Talking to him!

"Sir?" She repeated.

"Yeah." He said with a formal outer appearance even as his heartbeat was close to betraying him "You're Sera May?" He asked trying to make her comfortable. 

"Yes. Yes I am." She stood up to shake his hand which he did.

"Do you know who I am?" He asked.

"Ofcourse" she smiled.

For a moment he felt hopeful.

"Everyone knows who you are. You're Cole Meyers." She said confidently.

His heart sank immediately.

"..The managing director of Chamber industries. I admire your work there, sir. It's really impressive." She complimented.

He nodded even though he felt disappointed.

It was probably visible on his face because she asked.  "I'm sorry sir, did I say something wrong?"

"Nothing." He replied. "uh...thank you."

She smiled.

"Do you mind if I join you for a few minutes?" He asked.

"Of course. Even though it's a mystery to me how I can be of help to you." She smiled.

She seemed so calm and collected. Almost as if she hadn't been the one to send him all those messages.

He wondered if she would be just as calm and appreciative once she realised who he was.

He smiled back as he asked his body guards to give them some privacy and he sat down on the sofa next to hers.

"You already have been. A lot." He said. "Just hear me out."

She frowned but replied. "Sure, sir. "

He breathed deeply. "Okay" he gulped.

She looked on patiently even though he could see the confusion etched on her face.

"Uh" he sighed. "How do I go about this? Where do I begin?"

"Just start at the beginning, I guess" she offered awkwardly.

He leaned forward a tiny bit and placed his elbows on his knees so he could look her straight in the eyes.

She stared back into his and he let down his guard. "How could you not recognise me?!" He asked slightly above a whisper, the disappointment and the hurt evident in his voice. "I mean I'm really sorry I left, but it's really not been that long, Jane."

He saw the emotions displayed on her face one by one as she went through each of them. First there was confusion, then realisation, and then shock.